What Makes A Good Bowler - put it in wrong place

S

Sarah300

What Makes a Good Bowler:-
A bowler may have all the talent in the world but do they have the mental game to hold it in tournaments, league and to be able to block out distractions when required. Without a good mental game a bowler will only go so far. If a bowler has a good mental game they will more than often be able to throw the shot when the pressure is on them.

Having said that there is a few of us juniors that have so much talent and yet our mental games are bad putting it in polite words.

Body Language is another thing, when a person is relaxed they often perform better. However there is such thing as too relaxed where there you lose concentration and dont care what you bowl.

Some of us throw tantrams on the lanes by throwing puff balls, kicking ball returns, swearing and the latest craze squeeking the shoe, its not cool to do it so why do we do it?

Sometimes its frustration and in some cases its the attention we get from it.

Now having said that name some bowlers both juniors and adults who you think have good mental games.

Having my opinion

Sazz

Best mental game junior at the moment Matt Obrien. Adults Mick Muir no problems. Best mental game of all Cara Honeychuch. Thats my opinion.
icon_wink.gif

Best mental games i've seen

Ian Bradford- always there to do a job and can still do it better than most, he knew what to do to strike on literally EVERY lane in whatever centre he happened to be bowling in at the time

Anthony Flynn- Has a simple physical game which makes it very easy to make good shots on any lane condition, no wasted movement and therefore no wasted energy helps him stay fresh all through a tournament

Cara Honeychurch- In pro bowling having a good mental game is vitally important because without one you dont cash and you're eating hot dogs for the next week . On last and this years results i don't think Cara will have to eat at Wendys anytime soon.

Mike Muir- Just like Anthony his simple physical game keeps him out of trouble and the results speak for themselves.

Back
Top Bottom