walter deeveer

R

rails_5000

thanks sneezy
found out when trails were but not when forms are out.at some centres we never see forms till nearly too late
icon_smile.gif

Yes! it seems that way with Noarlunga.

If TBA were organised, and had forms in centres long before now, then they might find that the response to the trials would be a lot stronger.

From what I've heard last year there was only 9 male bowlers trying out for the De-Veer team out of the whole state. You would think that having the chance to represent the state people would be jumping at the chance to do so. However, how do people find out when the information isn't made available to bowlers until the last minute??????????????????????????????????

Maybe this is something that should come up at the General Forum that is being held by TBA on the 24th April 2002 (this Wednesday). That is if you are going??

THANKS

icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif

Hi All,

The Walter De Veer Trials are not for another 5 weeks yet and the entry forms have been available at all centres this week. I think that is plenty of time for most to get organised.

People are not jumping up and down so much to play for there State as the bowler needs to find $1000 + for a trip away with a State Team these days and also work committments have to come first.

I think you will find a large turn out for the De Veer trials this year. From what I have heard at the Open Forum meeting on Wednesday night there will be alot more than in past years.

icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Yes that is true.

Work committments and the cost involved with getting to the Championships to bowl are a big factor in whether or not someone is going to try out for the State side.

However, some people take longer that 5 weeks to think about if they want to try out or not. For those who know about Walter De-Veer would probably be thinking about trying out long before anything is put into centres. For those who are interested and have stubled upon the information by looking through the centres tournament board or general information, 5 weeks in my books isn't enough time for someone to organise work committements (for those who work weekends), etc.

$1000 is a large cost just to bowl in a tournament, but it should be remembered that it is $1000 without fundraising efforts. For those who make the team would be heavily involved with fundraising to raise as much funds possible to lower the cost.
icon_cool.gif
icon_cool.gif

The dates for the De Veer roll offs have been set by TBA SA in the Tournament calendar very early this year. Its only a phone call to the TBA to check the dates for any Tournaments or roll offs. Then everyone can arrange to be there. I think the roll offs are a little late cos if you make the team it doesnt give you alot of time for fundraising. The entry form is not really needed until about 5 weeks before a Tournament or it might be forgetten.
Good Luck to all who can make it out to the roll-offs, lets hope we see a turn out.
icon_rolleyes.gif
icon_rolleyes.gif
icon_rolleyes.gif
icon_rolleyes.gif

If forms were lost after a period of 5 weeks, then the person collating the information should get the sack. The person who has the job of collating the information should have folders for tournaments and roll offs through out the year. Any applications or roll off scores should then go into the appropriate folders. Then there would be no need to lose any information.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL COMPETING IN THE WALTER DE-VEER TRY OUTS on JUNE 1 & 2!!!!!!!!!!
icon_razz.gif
icon_razz.gif
icon_razz.gif

Back
Top Bottom