Walter De Veer 2005 - Form Guide.

The Spanner

Tenpin's Jamie Lyon
De Veer Market.

VIC 3-1 Favourites

With experienced players like Gary Zanoni, Daryl Lucas (All Star) and Roger De Witt, the Vics will take some beating this year, although last years win was at home. Watch for the Evergreen De Witt bowling left handed – the crafty old fox will be hard to reel in. No Guther Czmok though …. Unfortunately staying in the same hotel as the Queensland South team, which could be their downfall.

WA 5-1

Illness affected these guys last year, when Brad Hurst passed out after bowling one game on the second day of competition. Shayne Hendriksen will lead his men well, and with Hurst, Rob Browning and Than Tu making their returns after debuts last year, the Wazzies look strong. Downfall may be their social butterfly and all round nice guy Hendriksen, he’s too much of a good bloke to win this.

NSW 11/2

On home soil, this has proved in the past to be a vital part of winning a De Veer series. Stephen Archer lines up for his 4th De Veer, with Marc Ward returning from last year, and Stephen Johnston bowling in his home center, it could be all blue for the other teams.

TAS 6-1

Took the mens section of the competition last year, when well served by Rick Walker (All Star) and Peter Oates. Neither of them are there this year, but they still have a strong line-up. Garry Arnol lines up for his 7th year of De Veer, they will only field one debutant in Jamie Walker. They’ll be in the mix at the end, but the new handicapping system might be their downfall. Seasoned campaigner Bruce Potter has been given a lifeline in a late call up.

NQ 6-1

Dale Knack (All Star) and Doug McKay head the NQ team, who have been training the house down up on the north coast. Will miss guys like the Mielke boys and Mick Taylor, but their replacements are all guns. Kevin Daymond bowled a 213 avg at the seniors cup last year. These guys are ready.

SA 7-1

With only two players from last years team qualifying for this years team, it’s looking good for the South Aussies. George ‘Santa’ Seibert (All Star) and Glenn Lennell will be fronting the SA’s who might be a bit light on the experience side, but will be looking for a strong showing to match their girls team last year. No Robbie Lescai this year ... who will step up?

NT 9-1

The ever dangerous Andrew Krink lines up for his 4th De Veer in a six man team, with only Andrew Godkin from last year to back him up. Always competitive until the fat lady sings. No Matthew Strangeways this year, a big loss of bulk and experience. You need a good 7 to win this …

ACT 9-1

Lance Hickey returns for the ACT team who, at one stage last year, had to get their manager to bowl, as this team was devastated by the dreaded lurgie that was floating around Melbourne. That manager, Brad Ellis has now qualified for this team. Will it be enough … each way chance.

SQ 25-1

These blokes just can’t bowl. It’s that simple. Should be at 100-1. Lost their only half decent player when Ronnie Conquest pulled out of the team in a late move that saved his job. Gordon Kitchener (All Star) might go ok again, but the others are all crap. They might be too hungover to field a team. As long as they beat NSW home, they wont care. May have been written with tongue firmly in cheek.

The Spanner said:
De Veer Market.
NT 9-1
The ever dangerous Andrew Krink lines up for his 4th De Veer in a six man team, with only Andrew Godkin from last year to back him up. Always competitive until the fat lady sings. …
and she will be there singing, too.......just look for the earplugs attached to the walkman........;)

Broni:cool:

Unfornately staying in the same hotel as the Queensland South team,which could be thier downfall.
:drinking: :drinking: :morning:
Gary.....................:cool:

No need to worry about the Girls - we are all too good - the guys can't pick our form.

Many new faces from SA but a stong team with good mix of youth, age and experience.

All the way SA - medalled last year, better this year.

SA 7-1
With only two players from last years team qualifying for this years team, it’s looking good for the South Aussies. George ‘Santa’ Seibert (All Star) and Glenn Lennell will be fronting the SA’s who might be a bit light on the experience side, but will be looking for a strong showing to match their girls team last year. No Robbie Lescai this year ... who will step up?

Just to let you know that the SA girls have Pam to lead them and she has been in De Veer for a while, Kirsty has been in it for about the last 3 years and Sonya was in it 2 years ago (it is not all about guys.) For this year there were so many that rolled off including all of last years team it was a fight to get a spot on the team. Yes they have no Robbie but many of the guys team have been around for years and have bowled many Nationals and I am sure that they can cover for him. As for the girls team again there is a lot of experience although new to DeVeer .
Watch out for the dark horses from SA – many new faces but a lot of experience and plenty of enthusiasm.

JoJo said:
What about odds for the women's teams? It's not all about the guys!!!

I never said it was all about the guys. I just wrote up a page to get some friendly banter.

If you want odds for the girls ... write them up ... go for it.

I agree. Besides, if I did the odds I'd have to make Victoria the favourites - of course!!! lol
VIC ladies have plenty of experience with two new faces (including myself).
Both teams are looking for wins and making it back-to-back for Victoria!!!

Sorry Jo Jo - you've had your gold - time for another colour cause the gold is going to SA - we're on fire.

:eek:nfire:

mannah said:
Sorry Jo Jo - you've had your gold - time for another colour cause the gold is going to SA - we're on fire.
:eek:nfire:
Well, you're going to have to work REALLY hard for it, cos we're definitely going for back-to-back!!! :D
Looking forward to bowling in my first WDV!!!

The Spanner said:
Yes Ice, I do. But if I did odds for the women, I'd probably throw in some sexist comments and then I would be in a heap of trouble.
Would love to see your odds anyway, Spanner, sexist comments included! (or is that asking for trouble???) :rolleyes:

Well ... remember, you asked for it.

Ladies De Veer Odds. It’s close …

South Australia 3-1 Favourites.

A very good third last year and looking to improve. Pam Head-Turner (4th De Veer) and Lillian Gyss (6th De Veer) (All Star) will provide the backbone to an impressive line-up. If they can keep their minds on the job, instead of perving at the Queensland South guys, who are similar in build to their beloved Adelaide Crows, they will go well.

NSW 7/2

Tilley Swan makes a return to De Veer after a year off due to being far to good to compete last year due to the average changes. With most of last years team starting again, and on home soil, they will take nothing less than a medal. They’ll be happy that Crocodile Hunter Reg Reichel won’t be in town too … If they bring their cardboard cut-out of Marc Ward along to put the other teams off, they are specials.

Western Australia 4-1

Some would consider this short odds for a team that didn’t play last year, however, Terri Coleman and Kathy Browning were part of the winning Intercentre Cup last year. Sorry to blow your cover girls, but I think you’ll figure in the end, regardless. If they can just pry their eyes away from the Queensland South guys, who body shape will remind them of the Margaret River surfers, they stand a good chance.

Queensland South 9/2

Are so good, some of them apparently don’t even need training sessions. The tenacious Karen Gill will be ably supported by a couple of her good mates at Rockhampton this year, but with no Jenny Bird, they may struggle. Have the big advantage of the other teams all wanting to be them, nice and close to those debonair lads of QS.

Victoria 5-1

No Sue Jones, No Lizzy “Two Dads” Fabian-Czmok. Can they back up their win last year? Crowd says no, but could surprise. Best move will be trying to sleep in while the QS Mens Nude Tai Chi sessions are happening out on the beach, although may be immune to the QS Charm due to the dashing, James Bond-like Roger De Witt taking his place in the VIC mens team.

Queensland North. 6-1

Voted last year as the team most likely to fail a drugs test. Will miss Michelle Duggan, but with Coral Haworth and Betty Parcher still marching on, the others will drag themselves on to the lanes to compete well. However, after the party comes the rubbish man, and after partying hard after 2nd last year, the hangover might be too much. Other team members won’t worry about the bowling too much, they are just going for the Dinner Dance.

ACT 13/2

Loud and proud last year, are missing all but Jamie Ann Whitty from last years team. That could be a good thing. Have bought well in the Draft, if that’s the same Sue Jones that played for the Vics last year, who won 16 of her 18 games. OOOOoooooh ... scary.

NT 10-1

With just the six players like their mens side, I think they might struggle. Have also bought well in the draft, with Broni Morgan joining their side with a point or two to prove. Janet Marriot will supply some experience, as the only team member from last year.

Tasmania 10-1

Fielding a few of last years team, household names like Huxley, Backhouse, Jones and McCoull could be a dark horse, as they have been there before. Might not like the heat too much, and if those guys from QS start ripping their shirts off, it’s gonna get hot.

You see ... it's not all about the guys. Not all of them, anyway.;) :)

Ah Peter......

Does this mean there is a calendar in the offing for next years fundraiser????:rolleyes:

A very good third last year and looking to improve. Pam Head-Turner (4th De Veer) and Lillian Gyss (6th De Veer) (All Star) will provide the backbone to an impressive line-up. If they can keep their minds on the job, instead of perving at the Queensland South guys, who are similar in build to their beloved Adelaide Crows, they will go well.
QUOTE]
Just to keep everyone up to date yes Pam is leading the line up but Lillian did not make the team this year. Dont anyone worry I am sure that the girls will keep there mind on bowling. Go SA :p

insane said:
QUOTE]
Just to keep everyone up to date yes Pam is leading the line up but Lillian did not make the team this year. Dont anyone worry I am sure that the girls will keep there mind on bowling. Go SA :p

Sorry ... saw her name in the Intercentre Challenge team. See ... stuffed up again.

South Australias odds just blew out to 8-1 without her.

Back
Top Bottom