VICTORIAN BUSHFIRES - NQ FLOODS

KriDdLe

In Victoria there have been 108 people declared dead, 750 HOMES destroyed and 400000 hectares of land burnt. While on the other hand NQ are suffering from heavy rain fall. If you would like to help these people either go to www.salvos.org.au or ring 13SALVOS. Please dig deep, these people have lost everything. We as a community sent a whole team to America to bowl, I'm sure we can help rebuild homes to!

Krystal :angel2:

Wellington League, Monday Nights at Moonah Raised $6oo for the People of Victoria, Our thoughts are with our Mainland Friends at this time.

Wellington League, Monday Nights at Moonah Raised $6oo for the People of Victoria, Our thoughts are with our Mainland Friends at this time.

A big thank you to Wellington League, for your generosity. Hopefully the leagues in Melbourne will follow in your steps!

The Monday night league at Epping donated at least $300 during a collection run I did tonight. The centre itself, is taking donations from the local community to assist the Salvos when the current supplies run out. These include clothes (baby and adult), toys and even a port-a-cot donated today already.

All the best to those affected.

Tonx

As well as any individual donations, we will be asking each league in the centre to donate one week of social money, which our centre (Kirwan) will also match. If every centre in Australia did this we could raise a very respectable amount indeed.

Robbie Buckley.

It just goes to show the Aussie spirit is still alive.
I am a member of a few fishing forums & they to are doing the same raising money clothing & toys for the kids....welldone to all...

I just found out that one of my new starters who was meant to be commencing with us today was killed in the Victorian Fires on the weekend, along with her whole family. It's such devastating news. We have firmwide donations happening at work and for every dollar we donate, the Firm is matching it so we have raised over $250000 so far which will go to the Red Cross to help with the rebuilding and emergency assistance.

It's so good to see that so many people are willing to help out when others really need it.

The immediate ideas, suggestions and help given to these tragities is absolutely awe inspiring. As association secretary, i have been going round to all our leagues with a box & people have been throwing money in even if they have already donated.
But please dont forget that people are going to need our help long after the fires are out, the murderours responsible are caught & punished and homes rebuilt. If you have donated blood in the past 2 weeks I thank you but dont make this a once off that u do donate. go back every 6 weeks & donate more.
Dont forget that plasma (used for treating burns victims) only have a shelf life of 3 days after you donate. So while the Red Cross will have sufficiant stocks to cover the immediate future, many people are going to have a long road of recovery & many operations for the rest of their lives to help the physical scars.
Also now is a fantastic time to become an organ donor. Get in contact with your state or territory organ donation register and sign on to save a life. Ticking the box on ur drivers licence doesnt count as that only comes into effect when you pass away in a motor vehicle accident.
Lets all reunite to help those in these terrible circumstances.

Back
Top Bottom