Vic State Championships

milkman

Pedro,

Do you happen to have any high scoring from the state championships, either on a junior or adult level? Im just interested to see whos performing at the moment.

Milkman,

So far we've had over 500 entries over the past two weekends. However, only 115 of these have been adult entries.

One of the juniors has bowled 650 as the top qualifier in Junior Masters. Another Junior topped this but forgot to put his $5.00 Masters Entry with that squad. Both of these were bowled in teams events.

The most outstanding score and series was by a 10 year old from Bairnsdale. Troy Hinton bowled a 246 games, which was more than 100 pins over average. He continued this on for a 591 series.

Expect the scores to happen this weekend when the Rachuig teams hit the lanes.

Milkman,

Tonight's Amflite scoring was exceptionally high with a couple of 700 series and many 600+ series (including me for a change).

After loosing 9 teams (45 bowlers) from Amflite this season, it looks like Tony and the crew have reacted and started laying down a condition.

Expect the same this weekend.

Milkman, I'd expect nothing less than a 700 series from you in at least one of the weekend's squads.

hey,
so pedro wat u r trying to say is that there will be a different condition being layed down this weekend compared to the others?
that is wat i gathered from ur post..
correct me if im wrong..
catch ya vic's out there this weekend.
have fun til then
mickey
icon_wink.gif

Mickey,

I'd expect the same condition as the last two weekends. We wouldn't ask them to change the condition part way through a tournament as it wouldn't be fair on those that have already bowled.

However, the condition has become a little easier, during Amflite, over the past couple of months. Amflite lost 9 x 5 person teams and I think the centre realised they had to change something.

The condition for the State Championship weekends have been the same condition as Wednesday nights. There's a shot for everyone.

Pedro,
good to hear nothin is changing..
but form wat ive heard around is that there is a lil oil out there which im actually lookin forward to
icon_biggrin.gif

well il guess il just have to take it as it comes when i get down there this weekend..
well catch ya down there.
take it easy
mickey
icon_wink.gif

The last squad of the championships was bowled this afternoon. Can anyone tell me who were the top 8 qualifiers for Adults and Juniors (Male and Female)and what were their scores.

Thanks
icon_smile.gif

There was only 8 entries in the male masters as it is. I dont have the names though.

One thing I have noticed, the younger generation of bowlers are quite keen to bowl in our state masters, and the more experienced arent. Just wondering what the go is with that, because to me, a free spot in the Australian Masters is a valuable prize.

Congrats to the winners of the State Masters and Restricted Masters.

SARAH GNADLINGER - JUNIOR RESTRICTED CHAMPION 2002
CRAIG WILEMAN - BOYS MASTERS CHAMPION 2002
SARAH JAYNE ARNOLD - GIRLS MASTERS CHAMPION 2002
INGRID COBURN - VETERAN MASTERS CHAMPION 2002
LISA TROWELL - RESTRICTED MASTERS CHAMPION 2002
NARELLE BAKER - WOMENS MASTERS CHAMPION 2002
CAMERON JENKINS - MENS MASTERS CHAMPION 2002

With the exception of the Junior Restricted Masters all of the above will get a free entry into their respective events at the TBA Nationals.

Well Done.

Back
Top Bottom