Vic President Shield Trials

P

Pedro

I'm hoping to have the entry forms for President Sheild Trials available and personally handed to every Junior Bowler at next weekend's Junior Gold Pin event as well as at Junior Shield on the 8th & 9th of December.

Dates are Jan 19/20, Feb 2/3 and Feb 23/24.

Mooroobark, Morwell and Melton are the venues this year.

Successful juniors making the 2002 Vic team will represent their state at Bankstown Bowl in NSW 6-14 July 2002.

If any Vic junior is wanting more info on the trials and I don't catch up with you over the next month (particularly our country bowlers). Drop me an email with your details and I'll get an entry form to you.

I'd love to have 100 juniors try out for the team this year.

[email protected]

What is the deal with having qualifying at 3 non-AMF centres?

I can understand the decision for Mooroolbark, they can lay a similar type condition as to almost any centre in Australia, thanx to the Kegle, but the other two centres??? Please, come on, melton?? Whats the use of qualifying on surfaces and/or lane conditions that will be nowhere remotely close to that of the actual tournament?

Victoria did this for rachuig as well, and look what happened.

Money milkman, money, would guess games rates at those centres would be a bit cheaper than AMF

Mooroolbark is the elimination round before the juniors go to match play.

The Junior Committee have always committed to having at least one of the trial weekends at a country centre. This year Morwell got the nod (the last 2 years it has been Geelong).

Money did come into it - AMF priced themselves way out of it. So when the hot summer days roll in Jan/Feb, their centres will be empty.

However, the Junior Nationals are at Bankstown next year and on their wood lanes - so at least we have some parity their.

Melton has a condition that you can play a lot of shots on but you have to move around a bit when the pattern starts to go, a fair challenging shot in my opinion and a good test for the kids.

Hey well,
i cant wait till the trials! i think its a good choice as it also adds a change to where we have it as its been at geelong for the last 2 years so lets go bush! hahahaha
icon_wink.gif

hope to see EVERYONE there! hehe
icon_smile.gif

Hi, am new to the forum and think i posted this somewhere already but was just wondering what the qualifying age for Presidents shield is.

Thanx

but age is Junior : 18 and under

no need to post things twice
icon_razz.gif
Your questions will be seen and answered if you post it in one forum.

Cheers

Thank you for replying so quickly.

One more question what is the best way to find out about youth tournaments, such as qualifying etc. Aswell as like for state teams etc

Cheers Drew

Currently .. the best way to find out is on this site. Slowly but surely we are getting more and more information posted by bowlers and admin alike notifying all that tournaments/rolloffs etc are on.

Just remember to tell your friends about us
icon_smile.gif

Actually, you need to be under 18 for all of the 1st January, 2002 to be eligible for any Junior events in 2002.

FYI, here's a list of some major junior and youth events, for the next 4 months in Victoria (one in Sydney).

Junior Emerson Shield – Junior Goldpin Challenge at Melton November 17 & 18. Bowl well.

AMF Junior Shield – Highpoint Bowl December 8 & 9. Parents bring your ear plugs!

Australian International Youth Classic – the first ranking tournament of the year at Bankstown, NSW. New format and major prize fund. Entry forms are due any day now.

President Shield Trials – Entry forms are now available. Trial dates are Jan. 19/20 (Mooroolbark), Feb. 2/3 (Morwell) & Feb 23/24 (Melton) 2002. The State Junior Committee will have these available at both Junior Shields. If you’ve missed an entry form please contact your centre manager or Jan Solomon on 9579 2156 A.H.

Australian Schools Team – it’s official. 2002 FIQ Asian Schools Championships is to be held at Ed Fleming Lanes in Mooroolbark. The roll off to represent Australia A & B teams are to be held at the same lanes on Feb 9 & 10. Due to the change of venue the closing date for applicants has been extended. Most bowlers who attended this year Junior Nationals would have received their invitation to roll off. Once again if you require an application form then please call Peter Coburn on 9587 7735.

FIQ Asian Schools Championships – 17 countries will be attending the first FIQ Asian Schools Championships to be held in Australia from the 4th to 10th April 2002. So get down to Ed Fleming Lanes in Mooroolbark over these school holidays and support the Australian Juniors chasing GOLD.

Mentone Junior Cup – April 28th, 2002. Mark your calendar.

i have to dis agree about the date of u age n that
i was told u have to be 17 after the 31st of december thats how frazi couldn't do it again or something.
but i could be wrong. knowing me i am!
n e ways
byes!
icon_cool.gif

I have checked this out thoroughly, as we haver a bowler in Victoria that turns 18 on the 1st January. His junior years have been reduced by one.

I was under the impression that if you turned 18 on the 1st of January that you could bowl the year out.

Well that is the case in QLD anyway, as I know someone who is 18 on the 2nd January but he can bowl the year out as a junior.

I turned 18 in May and I was able to bowl the year out.

Kel

Hey Everyone,
I am pretty sure if you turn 18 as of the first of January you can still bowl that year out as a junior !!! I know lots of people that this has happened to !

I turn 18 in March, no one has said anything to me about not going for shield !

Anywayz Later
Love Sara
xoxox
icon_razz.gif
icon_confused.gif

Well, I wasn't gonna say anything but here goes.

I had a friend who was in the NSW C team and her birthday is 1st Jan.

I don't know what the rulings are now but if you turn 18 on or after the 1st Jan - your still classified as a junior and still be able to take part in all of the junior events for that year. If the ruling has been changed - I think it needs to be clarified, so there is no more misunderstandings.

Just my two bobs worth!
icon_rolleyes.gif

but what if ur born on the 31st of december at 12:59!!!
one minute!
that would ****!
ok i will shut up now
byes!!
luv shellby
icon_smile.gif
icon_confused.gif
icon_confused.gif

The requirement is that if you are under 18 for all of the 1st January then you are classified as a junior for all of that year.

So if you were born on the 2nd January then your are in junior for all that year even though you will be 18 for 363 (and a bit) days.

The problem lies with some one who has their birthday on the 1st January, then they are no longer a junior for that year. In previous years it has read as though you need to be under 18 as at 1st January (which possibly means 12.01AM)

If you turn 18 on the 1st of january and ur birth certificate sez 12.01am then u are eligible to bowl the rest of the year out.

Junior age states 18 years of age and under as at the 1st of January. If you turn 18 on the 31st of december the year before then u age out whether u are born at 12.01am that day or 11.59pm......you cant be making exceptions for just one person.

Thats the way it goes.

this is confusing!!!
i asked john coxon and our sa manager about this, and the tba rules state that you have to be under 18 for all of the 1st of Jan. i see this as unfortunate, if you were born on the 1st jan you will effectively miss a year of juniors. it didnt always used to be this way, atbc was different, i remember in 1987 we had a junior who captained our team and she was born on the 1st jan.

Back
Top Bottom