Viability of tournaments in Australia

cruzer

I was just looking at the Sharp youth tournament thread,and i am perplexed as to why the Female payout was the same as the male payout but the females was based on 20 bowlers where the males was based on 40.....go figure???

There have been numerous threads as to how to try and making bowling more appealing and this has led me to my post here.

Where is the logic from a interstate male bowlers point of view of spending $250 for airfares,$190 to enter,accom free or up to $200,food drinks transfers....on the light side $540 and the hvy side $750....!!!!!!!

We had this post early on from Greenslopes Lanes..

Hello Everyone
My apologies for the silence but as the saying goes 'no news is good news'.
Entry forms should be in your centres by end of September and I will post the PDF soon.
Qualifying: Sat Nov 17
Squad A: Checkin 12.30pm Bowl 1pm 10 games
Squad B: Checkin 5.30pm Bowl 6pm 10 games
Final: Sun Nov 18
Checkin 8.30am Bowl 9am
Top 12 Males & Females - Matchplay final with a positional round
Cost: $190
Prize Pool $8890 based on 60 entries
Hope this clarifies things for you all and that you will be able to support this event in 2007.
Regards,
Sue

If you noticed,no mention of split payouts for Male and Female,and whats more.....EQUAL PAYOUTS...but only 20 Female bowlers compared to 40 Male bowlers,this does not equate!!All we got was..

Prize Pool $8890 based on 60 entries
Hope this clarifies things for you all and that you will be able to support this event in 2007.

Maybe in the future organisers of tournaments can possibly give Female bowlers 8 - 10 pins per game and have one payout..this would have looked something like this,

1ST $2000
2ND $1200
3RD $900
4TH $715
5TH $600
6TH $550
7TH $500
8TH $450
9TH $400
10TH $350
11TH $325
12TH $300
13TH $275
14TH $250
15TH $225
16TH $200

The above payout equates to exactly the same amount as the Male and female totals combined.

I have been talking to a few male bowlers in both Youth and Adult and there feelings are that its just not worth traveling anymore,the expenses are outwaying the fun factor by too much nowadays.

What are your thoughts??

Cheers
Paul K.

This type of format has been tried in the past & comes with its own set of problems. From my experience we males don't think the ladies really need the extra pins per game ...there are some very strong female bowlers out there....while at the same time some of the girls don't think the extra 8 or 10 pins per game are enough!!! This causes dissent among the bowlers again. Many of the girls don't like to bowl against the boys & many of the boys don't like them getting an extra 100 or more pins. I don't know the answer??? Maybe there isn't one??:confused:

Giving women 8 pins start and combining both divisions is the only way tournaments will continue to be viable in the future. I've said this for several years, still nothing changes. Maybe when there are no tournaments to bowl in people will think back and wonder why they didn't give it a go.

Europe, Asia and the USA have got it right, whats wrong with us?

Giving women 8 pins start and combining both divisions is the only way tournaments will continue to be viable in the future. I've said this for several years, still nothing changes. Maybe when there are no tournaments to bowl in people will think back and wonder why they didn't give it a go.

Its a rule for Nationally Ranked Events in Australia now

Women cant be given handicap based on gender.

I think its a great idea having one division, give the girls 8 pins a game or whatever it is. I personally enjoy one division.

Matt

I don't agree with the 8 pins at all. OK yes its a answer and yes it might work overseas but in time i'm sure people will be look at another answer. I still think the fairest way is to have spilt male and females or have both joined no extra pins but change the pay out so that top females get cash if don't make the cash and so on. I don't agree with putting a label on that guys are 8 pins better if this is the case why not just make it handicap??? Well cos my point is I can't beat you on a normal day why can't i get say 10 pins a game make it more fair for myself? I hope that makes sence cos it does to me.

Back
Top Bottom