Vale JOHN ROCHE

FLOWER

For those bowlers who frequented Clayfield Bowl in the old days, who turned up at tournaments everywhere in the old days, who spotted John Roche quietly sitting and watching, waiting for a chat with all and sundry I would just like to pass on the news that John passed away after a long illness.

His funeral will be held at Holy Cross Church, Chalk Street, Wooloowin on Thursday 3rd Dec. at 2.00pm.

Another loss to our game but John will join so many notables in bowling heaven. Our sympathy goes to his family and friends.

To bowlers like myself and Debbie who grew up in Clayfield Bowl, John was like a piece of the furniture. He was always there to serve on control or even just to have a chat. He was always happy to see everyone and always had a smile & a kind word.

Another loss to us "oldies" but I'm sure that Brenda, Birdie, Ray, Mons & many more will be there waiting for you to sit, chat & have a cup of tea.

Both my and Debbies best wishes goes out to Johns family & friends.

To Billy and the rest of Johns Family - our deepest sympathy.
The walls of Brisbanes bowling centres will be etched with another
legends name. Have a chat with the old mates Johnno.
Animal

Re Vale John Roche

As a bowler who spent seven days a week at Clayfield John was always a familiar face either behind the control or sitting in his favourite spot at the table at the top of the stairs, he always knew everyones name and had a kind word to say to everyone. He was a true friend and will be sadly missed by a lot of bowlers. Our thoughts go out to his family during this sad time. It was our special privilage to spend many an hour having a cup of coffee and a chat with John over the years. Allan and Mary

I remember John with great fondness. Remember chatting to John, especially on a Wednesday night, often with Bev & Jimmy Wells and Bev's mum. I made many cappucinos and toasted sandwiches for him.
I have no doubt he has already found a favourite chair in heaven and enjoying many chats!
My thoughts are with his family at this time.

Jodie Drew

What a sad day indeed I will cherrish the last memories from the last days at milton and having coffee with him in the mornings its a sad day and i pass on our condolences to the family

The Fryer Family

Back
Top Bottom