Update from Macau

Jase

Admin
Staff member
Just spoke with Walshy on the phone and he said the boys have had a great Day today…

They bowled the first stage of the Trios today on the Long Pattern

The Team of Jarrod Mick and Jase are leading the first stage and the Team of Mac Brian and Glen are sitting about 4th…

Jarrod owns the place so far…Backing up his 300 from yesterday Jarrod shot 299 279 245 today and had the front nine in that second game also…

They are about to head off for the first stage (3 Games) of the Teams tonight on the Short Pattern…
The team will be Jase Mick Brian Mac and Jarrod…

They play the reverse tomorrow for the Medals in both events…Jarrod and Mick at this stage are in the all events and the others have some work to do…Will try and get scores from today from the bowl later…

Good luck Guys...

Imagine if our best bowler, Jason Belmonte had have gone accross as well :D That could be a very very very strong team....

Well done Jarrod and the others over there!

I don't think you can classify anyone as 'our best bowler'??? We have many top bowlers & the guys that are there are doing a great job.!!!

I wouldnt have thought there'd be too many people out there who would dispute that Belmo is the best bowler in the country ...... even the best weve ever had???

His achievement of the past couple of months would cover most others career 'resumes'. Thats not to say we dont have other great bowlers ..... but Belmo is just a freak.

Keep up the good work over there guys.

Potter I am not being funny, I know you throw a strong Ball but if you were to make all your spare you too could be a great bowler but not as good as Belmo.

willey

belmo is the best & i agree with your comments about potter lol
you should see him on monday night painful

Imagine if our best bowler, Jason Belmonte had have gone accross as well :D That could be a very very very strong team....
Well done Jarrod and the others over there!
And George. Has his Australian Open effort been forgotten already?:marsa37:

Whilst no one doubts the ability of Belmo, George, Brando and others (sorry if your in the mix and I havent named you), and I am sure Belmo would be doing well if he was here. As a spectator watching these guys here in Macau, I want to tell you all what we are seeing as the two Aussie spectators.

These guys are here representing Australian bowlers. They are the only non-asian team and guess what, they are holding there own well and truly. We have had locals comment on their ability, conduct, professionalism and Brian and I, as spectators, are watching a pretty tight unit represent us all. We also see the other teams coaches, players and managers watch our guys in awe.

They even have their own Asian fans who are following them through the day!

At the end of teams tonight, Korea threw 1170 at our guys to pass them, how much we slipped into 2nd by was up to our guys, and they dug deep, and we only trail Korea by 26 pins going onto the long pattern where our guys were the dominant team.

I guess we all have to consider what we do without any player in our team? Be it Belmo or anyone else. The way I see it, the team represents us as TBA members or just as Australians.

This might sound like I am having a b#tch and I am sorry if I have misinterpreted any posts. I am just saying to anyone posting comments about what if Belmo was here or what if George and Brando nominated - well Belmo is not here and others didnt nominate. I am watching guys in a foreign country - representing the Green and Gold - who are putting it on the line. Some of these teams are the countries first rate teams (some are not) but our guys are doing us proud and I for one am glad to be an Aussie in the crowd!

When they bring home their medals - will we ask what if then?

My 2c worth. (HK 12.6c)

By the way, the guys here talk to George and Belmo - and no doubt others - daily. And I know our guys have their full support.

Go Aussies!

David McEwan

My views exactly Dave, the guys bowling there right now are the best team we could send. As a friend and a fan of aussies bowling overseas I'm extremely proud of there efforts to date.

Keep up the great bowling guys and I look forward to seeing the final teams results.

I was not commenting about myself - I know I am a longgggggg way from the top guys out there & have many years before I can even hope to catch up .
i was talking about the great bowlers we have out there - Jason Walsh, Mac Stewart, Mick Little, Jarrod lean, Glen Loader, & Brian Pilkington are out there representing Australia & they are some of the best we have. we have many others as well - George Frilingos, Brandon Qualischefski just to name 2.
Belmo is Australia's most successful bowler overseas, he has had many opportunities & he is truly great but these other guys are all just as good in their own way. Mick Little is throwing an awesome ball at the moment & he deserves the credit for what he has done - not someone saying 'what if our best bowler was there?' .:mad:

PS - If you find my bowling painful to watch -please just don't watch!

I don't think you can say anyone is 'the best'. We have many great bowlers & they can all be 'the best on the day' . Belmo has been beaten by some of our other bowlers , both in Australia and in overseas competition.
Are you saying that if Belmo was in China Mick Little would not have won the gold because Belmo is better than him??
I think Belmo would agree with me- everyone has their time on the lanes & conditions vary - Belmo is great but you shouldn't take anything away from the bowlers that we have in China at the moment - there is no way of knowing if Belmo would have done better than them - they are a great team & Australia fielded the best team available and you cannot say they would have been more successful if Belmo was with them!!!

If you want to debate who is the best and who isn’t start another thread…

This thread is about the GREAT TEAM OF CHAMPIONS who have gone away to bond into a CHAMPION TEAM in Macau…They are representing there Country to the BEST OF THERE ABILITY, and judging by the phone conversations I have had with a few of them this week they are all AS A TEAM enjoying themselves…Results are proving this to be the case…Lets forget about the What IF’S at the moment in your sport and celebrate the Results that this Team has achieved…

Well done Guys and Best of luck to Jarrod,Mick and Mac who have qualified for the final 16 in the masters…

thanks for that they havent updated all the scores yet.. beacause it has glen in the top 16 for all events. unless he did make it

Back
Top Bottom