Townsville Restaurants

G

Grim64

Hi all you Queenslanders. Hope you are all warm. It is cold down here.
I am after some local info on good places to dine when we are in Townsville for the Nationals (can't wait for that on :D ). So if you are from Townsville or have been there often or you know people who do live there, some input would be appreciated.

8)

Grim,

I am a Townsville resident, and with a nickname of "Tubby" you can see I love my food.

Some of the best resteraunts in town are;

Chilli Jam Noodle Bar - 205-207 Flinders Street East
Giardini Pizza & Pasta Bar - 71 Eyre Street, North Ward
The Brewery - Cnr Denham and Flinders Street East, Townsville City
Bertoz - Cnr Sturt and Blackwood Street, Townsville City
Michels - 7 Palmer Street, South Townsville
Thai-Thai Restaurant - 272 Sturt Street, Townsville City
The Metropole - 81 Palmer Street, South Townsville
Irish Finnegan's - 34 High Range Drive, Condon
Blue Jean Cuisine - 1 Palmer Street, South Townsville

These are just a few as Townsville has stacks of really great places to go for a feed.

Hope this helps

Regards

Steve Hunt :D :D

Dont forget Tim's Surf and Turf for the best value seafood in NQ. As for anymore restaurents, funky chicken is clearly the expert.

G

Well here is my fav list of places to eat when in Townsville

Cactus Jacks - Palmer Street
Benny's Hot Wok - Palmer Street
C Bar - The Strand
Naked Fish - The Strand
Frank's Pizza Napoli!!!! - Closest thing to real Italian :D
The Hotel Allen Bistro.

I had a friend who was a health inspector for Townsville City Council, he said that the best and cleanest LOL Chinese/Malaysian Restaurant was SATAY MAS. I would rate it as one of the best Chinese Restaurants i've eatan at.

Hey Steve i tried Giardini's on Saturday nite when i was up there, i can tell you it wasn't the greatest pasta i've ever had :D . You will get to try mum's great pasta when you come down for the Open, i guarantee you'll never go back to Giardini's LOL

Frank Nucifora

I've got to mention, the Sizzlers is probably the best one I have ever been too. Oh and the after hours walk-thru drive-thru at Maccas is always handy hey Frank! :wink:

Gday Guys,
Just a quick question. is that Robert Towns Motel still operating up in Townsville is it?
I stayed there 11 years ago, it had a huge church on a massive cliff face right across the road from memory.

Just curious :wink:

Well paint me pink and call me Persy :D :!:

Thanks everyone, I am looking forward to Townsville even more. I suppose it is a given that beer is easy to find in Townsville lol.

Can you buy Tooheys Red up there :?: If not I'm not that fussy, if it is cold beer....... :D

Hey Tubby, you and me should catch up. I think like Homer Simpson, Mmmmmmmmmmmm Food! :lol: I could be called Tuby II. Scary though, bit to close to the Telly Tubys :shock:

For those of us who will probably spend the majority of their time at either of the bowls, can you let us know what the Bowl Food is like.....do they have reasonable prices, variety, or is it the same boring old greasy fried stuff????

Broni 8)

Broni,

Both the bowls serve pretty high quality food;

Currajong has an excellent menu that includes
Seafood, Asian, Curries, Mexican as well as the usual burgers, chips etc.

Kirwan also has some good quality food that should keep most people happy.

Cheers

Steve

PS Grim, As far as beer goes it is the staple diet of North Queenslanders so you won't have a problem finding excellent quality ice cold beer. Local Tip #1 - Go to the Brewery as they have the best range of local beers available.

Steve....the last line of your signature could be......"this girl that I had dazed apon, liked to stick it up behinds!" :lol: :p

Hey Sean,

I like your thinking, however it actually comes from a really cool song called "She Was Dead".

It goes on to say;

"Now it's been a couple of months and I can't take another word
She's been pushing every button, she's been working every nerve.
I've got something she can swallow, and it sure as hell's not my pride.
And I know it's just a waste of time
Soon I'm gonna run out of lies
She'll just have to hear the truth instead
Everyday I'm gonna make her cry
Till the minute that we say goodbye
I'm gonna make her wish..........SHE WAS DEAD!!!!" :twisted: :twisted:

I guess it's about looking for a partner with substance, rather than fickle things like looks, body etc. :D :D :D

Steve

PS Are you still going to the Burdekin ??

Yeah I have my fingers crossed that that will be my first tourney back. Things are looking good but nothing is certain yet. Either way if I can bowl or not.... I am still coming up I think even for the trip away.

Back
Top Bottom