Tournament Sponsorship

xpense

retired
I would like to first say a big thanks to all the people involved in helping to get anyfomr of sponsorship for the sport of Ten Pin Bowling.

Regardless of this is for local teams, National Tournaments, State Tournaments, or Intercentre Teams, this is a great way to help build the profile of our sport in the greater community.

Now down to why l put this up here.

I would like to ask all those people what methods they use to attract sponsors to the sport, and what the sponsors are offered in return, especially thos who are adked to sponsor tournaments.

I am currently looking at ways to attract sponsors to a new tournament circuit in Victoria, but want to ensure that l approach this in a professional manner, and would love any advise, that people can offer. Especially in the writting department, as l suck at that.

Regards

Lance Dyer

I would suggest you have a talk to Mary Flower, the Twin Tour & K&K are quite successful and Mary runs them both.

Ever had a yap to some of the fellas wise in the ways of this stuff down there Lance? Ray Hodge and Steve Arundell are a couple of people that i'm sure know a thing or 2 in this area.

xpense said:
and what the sponsors are offered in return

One of the important things about sponsorship is responsibility. When a team or individual does get sponsorship it is important that the bowler does his/her best to display that sponsors name. Sadly this doesn't always happen. Any shirt with sponsorship on it should be given preference when we choose what we wear on the lanes. This applies especially to State Team practise shirts. Give the sponsor a fair go, he may well be in the audience.

I know this isn't totally relevant to your post as you asked about tournament sponsorship, however I feel bowlers should be reminded that it is very easy to deter potential sponsors who may be considering sponsoring entire events rather than just individuals or teams.

Back
Top Bottom