Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Over $130 and $25 for matchplay

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

xpense

retired
What would you pay for an entry fee to a tournament? :rolleyes:

If the payout was 1 in 3 for instance, and based on 48 entries.

1st $600.00 2nd $450.00 3rd $350.00
4th $300.00 5th $275.00 6th $250.00
7th $230.00 8th $210.00 9th $200.00
10th $190.00 11th $180.00 12th $170.00
13th $120.00 14th $110.00 15th $100.00
16th $90.00

Would you consider $130 to much for this payout, based on
8 games qualifying,
top 12, 11 games matchplay.

Another question would you pay an extra $25.00 for matchplay? :D

The rule that we always tried to follow in America was that unless first place paid at least 10 x the entry fee, we would give the tournament a miss.

Also, the last cash spot should never be less than the entry fee. I mean, why even bother!

Wchester,

sadly we are not in America, we dont have the sponsors, and we dont have the numbers, and we here in Aussie land at most tournaments try and pay as many as possible and that usually means less than the entry fee.

The details are to pay at least the entry fee back for those that make the cut, which is better than a number of other tournaments, including some Super Six events this year.

Lets try and help bwoling and not complain about those that are trying to put something together with very little support from the ranks.....

Well Mr Chester i understand what you are saying but we are only putting ideas up there to try and get a 2nd teir tournament series going. If you could in any way by getting us some sponsors etc then feel free

Matthew

xpense said:
Wchester,

sadly we are not in America, we dont have the sponsors, and we dont have the numbers, and we here in Aussie land at most tournaments try and pay as many as possible and that usually means less than the entry fee.

I wasn't referring to sponsored tournaments. To be honest, I don't see the point in paying more at 1 in 4. There are many things wrong with our Australian tournament bowling scene but whenever I lay out a plan for a "better" format or suggest we institute some "rules", I get shot down by the anti-american or anti-wchester contingent that patrols this board.

xpense said:
Lets try and help bwoling and not complain about those that are trying to put something together with very little support from the ranks.....

Where did I complain? By putting up your poll, you asked for input and I gave you an example of what I think would work.

I'm agreeing with Wayne on this one.
He wasn't having a go, simply telling you that he wouldn't bowl in something unless the last cash spot was going to get him his entry fee back.

It's difficult to bowl in tournaments when you know that you have to win or finish 2nd to get your money back.

It's especially difficult for bowlers who travel interstate to tournaments where $700 is first prize... take away entry fee, accomodation and airfares and the winner is left with an empty envelope.

I would definately support (and DO support) any Victorian tournaments (especially if a Victorian circuit gets set up - that would fantastic!). :)

This issue is a small part of a bigger problem. Organized bowling in Australia is in a very bad state.

Maybe this way we can try and get a tournament system going. Like it or not the only way this will get done is if the bowlers themselves put in the time and effort to try and improve it, its not like them centres are going to help us all they care about is the dollar signs and they dont see that in tournament bowling. People like you wayne are probably the peaple that we need to help us get this going due to your years of experience here and aboard. The only way to get this out there is by getting sponsors from outside the industry but 1 or 2 people cant do that. The tournament bowling community has to get behind this for it to work. Who else is going to help usfrom the financial side, Vic Tenpins, CTBAM, MTBA or TBA? I dont think so.

Wayne,

Not having a go at you. I apologise if it came across like that. I am also not part of the anti-wchester group. I have on a number of occasions agreed with you in posts, and also disagreed, but that is human nature after all.

The proposal l put forward was based on what bowlers have been saying at events. They always want more money, but when entry fees go up, they complain, and then they say they want more money at both ends and more people to get thier money back.

Fully agree that money back for last cash place is great and would like to offer that. The only problem is that you want to have as many of those that support the event getting something back.

I am more than happy to add to an attachment to this post with a number of scenarios. If people are willing to assist by advising what they want.

For example:

Less positions payeed, but higher payouts for those who do get something
Lower payouts from top down, with lower payouts increasing
1 in 4, 1 in 3, 1 in 2, or even 1 in 5.
Type of entry fees they would spend.

I will work on a survey form over the next couple of days people can e-mail to me directly and l am more than happy to collate, to start the ball rolling.

I want to see Victoria get its own Tournament Circuit again, that is designed for Victorians to compete in. (The prizemoney on offer is not designed to bring interstate interest.) I would also like to Vic Tenpisn input into running a ranking system on the events that l can put together like the ATBA had in its hayday.

I have rambled on enough now, so let me know if you would complete the survey and e-mail back as it would be great to get the views of those that would be our bowlers in these events, and not just my thoughts along with1 or 2 other people.

Im back again.

attached is a spreadsheet of possible prizefund structures. These are all dependant on specific game rates from the centres. The prizefund may change if the game rates are more or less than calcualted for these structures.

Please let me know what you think of them. Also give me your feedback on the option you prefer.

1 in 4 gets you the best return by far.
1 in 3 gets you a good return and a further payout.
1 in 2 i feel is just spreading the funds way to thin.

My option would be for the 1 in 3 with an entry fee around the $150 or $170.

I liked your 1 in 3 payout $150.
I would have to say that you would need a good support group behind you to make this work and i hope it does,there are a few pitfalls to get over to do this. The biggest one is finding centres that will give you the time to run these tournies at the right price, they are out there,some independants and even some AMF. It comes down to who you know.
Getting Sponsors is hard but they are out there,knock on 100 doors and you might get one or two,its a lot of hard work but sometimes people supprise you.
Getting continued support from the bowlers themselves can be difficult but i must say that over the last two years the bowlers have been there for tournaments, if it was about 5-10 years ago i know that a few people that tried something like this and sadly failed.

So the three main ingrediates would be support from the centres,support from some sponsors and support and patience from the bowlers.
Getting a circuit going in Vic would be excilent for Tenpin bowling as a whole.
I can remember in the SPC hayday you use to have to pay to get in and watch the bowling and the place was packed out.
Now wouldn't it be great to get back to this.

All i say is go for it and i wish you every success and i would come and bowl when i could, time permitting.
Gunther

Hey Gunther,

Thanks for the reply. Am haoping that the centres are out there to support this idea and help me this a reality. As l will be up for Sale Cup, would love to ask a couple of questions, if you have the time over the weekend.

For those out there who wish to say something but would prefer not to have there response public, please feel free to PM me or e-mail me.

[email protected]

For any centres out there that would like to assist please also PM me, and l will be over the moon to chat to you. :p :p :p :p

All the best, and keep the responses coming eithr on here or via PM / email.

Regards

LAnce

I have to say that i generally wouldnt bowl in a tournament that didnt offer double your money back from making the cut. I know this isnt possible all the time, especially for local tournaments that dont have any sponsors but i do agree with wayne on the 10x your money back for winning too...i think thats pretty fair. anyway, thats my 2 bobs worth
PF

Tournament Survey

Here it is the survey l was talking about in a post earlier on.

I thank all those that have sent e-mails, PM's, posted replies, and voted on the poll so far. Keep them coming.

The circuit is starting to take shape, and is not far away. The possibility of events being held this year is getting closer and closer. Next year, we should be able to get this series up and running, provided you the bowlers want this to happen.

If you could all please complete the attached survey, and e-mail back to me that would be very much appreciated. Please do remember that we a trying to put together a circuit for you the bowlers, and that your feedback would, and is appreciated.

To download the survey please follow these instructions.

Right click, select "save target as".

Then save to your computer. You will then need to open and complete the survey word doc, and manually e-mail back to myself. I know this is not ideal, but please take the 5 mins or so to complete.

[email protected]

I have some great ideas, but l want your feedback to ensure that l am supporting the majority of bowlers.

Thanks & Regards

Lance Dyer

Hi All,

In relation to the survey, can you please e-mail as an attachment to me.

Confidentially is assured

regards

Lance

Back
Top Bottom