Other Time for some old school reviews

AdrianS

This is the future!!!
OK, here's the deal, if you don't like stuff thats been out for more than a week, STAY OUT!!!! :twisted: :twisted:. It's time to review a classic ball or 2 (or 20)

Here we go then

Triton Heat

Since 1998 I've been throwing this thing and it just keeps on truckin'. I'ts drilled with the pin 4' from PAP, CG 2 1/2' from PAP with the pin down toward the midline. This ball gives you a strong controlled backend reaction when the lanes are wide open and can pick up an early roll(especially with the drilling i have on it) to cut through the heavier oil(as long as it isn't thown at warp factor 9) One drawback is it's inability to recover from inside an oil line on some heavier patterns(thats the Elite and EMB's job) On almost anything else it's as effective as anything currently available. It so good still i didn't see the need to replace it with a Threat or Thrash. Stuff like a Fire Power and Pearl Stomp couldn't tip it out of the bag and it got the pearl Aftershock and Tidal Wave sent to new homes. It's still got a few resurfaces left in it and a trip to the revivor oven should perk it up a little too. This ball will be around in my bag(and should find it's way back into other peoples arsenals if they know what good for 'em) for a while yet!!

Here's another oldie

Would you like a ball with the same type of core as a Freak or Phenom that works on not too much oil(by todays standards anyway) Well if you search hard enough you can get hold of one if your lucky. Yes, it's the one and only Omega Lion. In it's heyday it got lost in the rush amongst the Danger Zone and Cuda/C but that doesn't mean it's a bad ball. Mine has the Axis/Leverage layout for that little extra bit of control(the last one i had with a flip type layout was amazing when it hit the dry backends) It has a weak enough surface compared to todays monsters to get through drying heads with relative comfort and the strong core gives it real pop at the pins. It's not the greatest ball from deep inside angles unless you line it up tight. Playing anywhere from about 20 board to up the gutter gives best results. Keep away from the real heavy stuff too. This core inside one of Ebonites newer covers would be one hell of a ball. Try one if you ever find one, you'll be surprised.

mmm talking about old bowling balls/ I remember whe nI bowled my 290 I use a LT48, a rubber ball with a flat wight block. I remember that night the lanes were dry and I put my black hammer away and took off my wrist guard ( pro releise) use my spare ball lol

being away for so long sometime I have no idea what everyone is talking about with all this different balls, etc on the market now

Back
Top Bottom