Visionary Ogre pearl review.

tonx

I punched up an Ogre Pearl about 3 weeks ago. Since I have, I can't seem to put it down.

A 4.75 by 4.5 layout, with a balance hole 1 inch past the val 1/2 inch above midline with the pin ending up just over 3 inches above midline was the drilling chosen for the ball. I chose this layout to give a mard continuous arc with a little bit of flare to make sure there was no over under.

On the THS, it gives a strong recovering powerful motion throughout the lane. It takes well to being thrown quicker, slower, with more loft, with no loft, giving it a little extra revs, and also backing off it at the bottom. On the PBA pattern league I bowl on, I haven't shot poorly with it yet, consistently over the mark on 3 of the 5 patterns so far.

Eradicator pearl feels very much like a regular hard pearl OOB, but the reaction on the lanes is similar to a quality made fresh Pearl Particle, with just a little more pop at the pins. The core is a better bowlers DREAM core, because it doesnt run the risk of overflaring with any type of layout, yet still flares JUST enough to keep it off its own oil rings with the weaker layouts, eliminating over under reactions.

It revs up easily and smoothly, has a hard arc in the back, clears the heads but doesn't mind carry down. Overall it can handle just about anything you can throw at it, and handle it well. Because of its overwhelming versatility, I will be adding a little surface again to the original ogre, as the pearl handles similar what the ogre did polished, only more and better.

Its a must have for the Visionary fans out there, and for those yet to try the brand, I have full confidence they would be extremely impressed.

Back
Top Bottom