Roto Grip Thoughts on RotoGrip

My oppinion..

I've owned three Roto-Grip balls, Silver Streak Particle, Silver Streak Pearl and Sonic X Pearl (Original)... I liked both the sliver streaks alot, they did what they were supposed to do and were nice consistent balls, and at the time I didn't have much hand and that was probably the reason I didn't like the sonic x that much...

They make good balls from my experiences with them, sure the majority of my gear is storm, but I do think other companies produce quality balls. I mean even i've bowled with some STORM balls that I thought were horrible.

I know am better off knowing what types of balls suit me...

Stuart Little said:
I was talkin about jens comments. Some balls dont work, ha ah yea, just like nationals in 2004 laid down a challenging condition! If the ball is round, it seems to work there! How many 300's has that place had? Im not hangin shit on the bowlers that bowl there, or even the ones that bowl a 300 a week there, just those with big heads who think they are the best, and think they bowl with the best, but are blinded by the ditch they bowl on
Just my thoughts
Are you classing me as one of the perhaps 'Stereotypical Strikezone' bowlers??? I dont think I am the best, I dont have a big head and I certainly DO NOT think I bowl the best...also I am aware of the fact that we usually bowl on a ditch, but hey the centre was made to be a high scoring centre...its what was originally wanted and thats what we got.
Cant say Ive bowled with Roto, but if there is someone out there willing to buy one and drill it up for me, Id be more than happy to take it for a roll...
~*Mr ROTOGRIP*~ said:
So why don't you big headed STORM freaks take a step out of your comfort zone and try some other gear for once...
Yes I am a STORM freak, BUT not a big headed one...and as I have just written, Id be more than happy to take something other than a STORM for a roll if someone wanted to buy it for me.

Anyways, I really think it is personal opinion on brands and whilst Im here, Id like to apologise to all those people out there who continuously put shit on the centre for providing such an easy shot last year because we are the only centre in the whole wide world to EVER lay an easy shot for a tourny.

Jen

EVERY bal will work at Strikezone...I honestly find that hard to believe. Yes, you might bring up Nationals 2004, but it doesn't mean to say Strikezone is always easy. We do have hard shots, which may be hard to believe for some people, but we do have hard shots.

Plus, some people might think that Strikezone is full of STORM stock and nothing but. This isnt true either. We stock plenty of other brands, such as Roto-Grip, Ebonite, Hammer and Brunswick (surprised we haven't had Track yet, but I'm sure if someone asked, we could get Track in).

I find it hard to believe that people can think that from one shot (Junior Nats 04) that Strikezone is ALWAYS easy. I agree, yes, that we should have had a challenging shot layed down for then, like the adult shot that was layed down this year, but not every ball works there, and not every shot is easy. Strikezone has changed. Understand from a league bowler from Strikezone's perspective. Sorry if this sounds in any way offensive or anything. You can ask other league bowlers from Strikezone if you would like another perspective on this, but from my perspective Strikezone is in no way ALWAYS easy.

Bubyee

Rowey :p

Excuse me guys and girls but, this was an opinion of roto grip gear, nothing else, if jen thinks they are shit, shes entitled to say so, if anyone has a problem with that, rename the thread POSITIVE thoughts on roto grip, geez and knocking a centre cos of easy conditions, get a life.

Bagging Storm Heads....Hmmm So Whos Dominating every sales figure worldwide....i dont think i need to answer that!!!

it doesnt mean they are the best if they are dominating all world wide sales. buy the way i have nothing against storm im just saying there our other brands out there.

luke green

Rowey the li'l lefty said:
Plus, some people might think that Strikezone is full of STORM stock and nothing but. This isnt true either. We stock plenty of other brands, such as Roto-Grip, Ebonite, Hammer and Brunswick

Rowan, since when does strikezone stock brunswick balls? most people there are against them. I know xzone stocks columbia balls, rotogrip, ebontie, hammer and storm but as far as brunswick goes its only really plastic balls

Yeah i know luke, but my point is...im a storm freak, but ive used all brands and i DONT think all other brands are shit, every brand have good balls...excpet ebonite lol, just kidding, but yeah everyone steretypes storm bowlers

storm53 said:
Rowey the li'l lefty said:
Plus, some people might think that Strikezone is full of STORM stock and nothing but. This isnt true either. We stock plenty of other brands, such as Roto-Grip, Ebonite, Hammer and Brunswick

Rowan, since when does strikezone stock brunswick balls? most people there are against them. I know xzone stocks columbia balls, rotogrip, ebontie, hammer and storm but as far as brunswick goes its only really plastic balls

We have HAD Brunswick's...we only have Olympic Striker's right now, but we've had other balls like Power Grooves.

Again, if somebody wanted Brunswick bowling balls, we'd probably get them in stock.

As for brands...not EVERYONE is going to like the same brand, and probably never will. People are entitled to have an opinion on which ball companies they like/dislike. We all do. I like more than one brand. I'm not JUST a Storm fan. Storm is just number 1 on my list. I like other brands such as Track, Ebonite, and Hammer. This is my opinion. Some peop;le like 1 brand, others like a variety of brands. I find it can be handy to have a variety of brands, because all companies do different things. Roto-Grip is a very good company, I'll admit, but I probably wouldn't go and buy a Roto-Grip ball. This is my opinion. If I like Storm, it's not exactly illegal is it. If someone else like Ebonite or Roto-Grip they are well entitled to.

Bubyee

Rowey :p

yes its illegal i find talkn about brand of balls stupid because we all now wats the best brand and its the one that makes u bowl better right....... well i would say i might even consider bowling with roto grip but i might just stick to track and circle at the moment..... and i heard that roto isnt that bad

Roto-Grip makes some quality stuff. I had the Pure Fuel and the Silver Streak Particle. Both of which were excellent balls. The RS series looks good everywhere that I have seen someone chuck one. Haven't seen much of the Oracles or the Epic so I can't comment.
As for StrikeZone. Rowey, sorry but with the half exception of NSW Open this year, we have never bowled an a hard condition there. Nationals this year was tough. Your lucky that there is league on after Tuesday training or you would find a much bigger variety of lane conditions on a Tuesday, and they definatly wouldn't be easy. But to it's defense it is a high scoring centre. Gutters are shallow, Pins are old and bounce around like crazy. Regardless of condition someone is always going to shoot over the card there because of all the little things that were down when the centre was made to help the scoring.

Later Da Cowman!

da_cowman said:
But to it's defense it is a high scoring centre. Gutters are shallow, Pins are old and bounce around like crazy. Regardless of condition someone is always going to shoot over the card there because of all the little things that were down when the centre was made to help the scoring.

Later Da Cowman!

Thank you! Exactly what I said...the centre was made for easy scoring, so lets stop knocking it. We aint the first and wont be the last.

Back
Top Bottom