Roto Grip Thoughts on RotoGrip

Mr_RG

RotoNation...
Hey guys,

Just wanting to get people's thoughts on RotoGrip's performance balls:
Epic
Oracle Vision
Oracle

Just got an Apocalypse off Mitch Edom and am loving it!

Cheers,
BJ :D

Doesn't anyone have any thoughts on the Oracle, Oracle Vision or Epic?

Cheers,
BJ

personally i dont like roto grip, i think theyre cheap immatation storm but from what ive seen of it the oracle looks fairly good

i dont really know anything about roto grip, my friend shown my a couple of their balls they sound good, but right now i am sticking with hammer

my dad uses one he dosent seam to have any trouble with it, although he is buying a new ball whitch isnt roto grip?

Craigy said:
I had a thought, then it passed. :p

Because I wuld have killed you...hehehe
My thoughts? RotoShit...yes I am aware they are made in the same place as Storm but this is my analogy:
They make a ball...if its shit they put a big R on it...if the ball is absolutely fabulous they put a nice big S on it!! :D

Look guys, I am no big fan on STORM gear, but I do like some STORM gear, in fact I enjoyed having a ReCharge in the mix until I got it redrilled then blah.. But the fact is I am sick of people putting RotoGrip down as Storm factory seconds..
Just because they are made in the same factory doesn't mean anything. And if you were to look at the weightblocks, they are entirely different! So all you people who think STORM is the world can just, I dunno, sit and splutter!!

RotoGrip as brought out some bloody great gear, such as: Silver Streak Pearl, RS1, Apocalypse, UltraSonic and the Oracle Vision, and if you guys actually picked one up and bowling with it... You'd be impressed!

So why don't you big headed STORM freaks take a step out of your comfort zone and try some other gear for once...

Wow, now with that rant out of the way...
Cheers,

Maybe if strike zone wasnt such a ditch u might notice the difference of bowling ball brands! I used to be all Ebonite, but other brands offer things that ebonite cant, and the exact same with all other brands, so think twice before u start hanging shit on other companys. Jen, how many Roto Grips have u bowled with?

~Mrs Storm~ said:
Because I wuld have killed you...hehehe
My thoughts? RotoShit...yes I am aware they are made in the same place as Storm but this is my analogy:
They make a ball...if its shit they put a big R on it...if the ball is absolutely fabulous they put a nice big S on it!! :D

nice way to put it jen, i havent bowled with a roto grip, wouldnt mind 1 but right now i have no money to buy 1

Stuart Little said:
Maybe if strike zone wasnt such a ditch u might notice the difference of bowling ball brands! I used to be all Ebonite, but other brands offer things that ebonite cant, and the exact same with all other brands, so think twice before u start hanging shit on other companys. Jen, how many Roto Grips have u bowled with?

I do notice the difference. Not every ball you use at Strikezone will bowl a huge game/series. I didn't say I didn't like other brands, because i DO like other brands. Yes, even Ebonite :rolleyes: But you can see the difference. I like many brands for many different reasons. 9 times out of 10, somebody who says they only like one brand is lying, because they probably like gear from another company but won't say that they do. I was merely having a joke with Craigy. I wasn't having a go at Ebonite. No hard feelings, Craigy :rolleyes:

Bubyee

Rowey :p

I was talkin about jens comments. Some balls dont work, ha ah yea, just like nationals in 2004 laid down a challenging condition! If the ball is round, it seems to work there! How many 300's has that place had? Im not hangin shit on the bowlers that bowl there, or even the ones that bowl a 300 a week there, just those with big heads who think they are the best, and think they bowl with the best, but are blinded by the ditch they bowl on
Just my thoughts

Street Racer said:
nice way to put it jen, i havent bowled with a roto grip, wouldnt mind 1 but right now i have no money to buy 1

Then why say "nice way to put it" if you haven't even rolled a RotoGrip before? I'd have to say they are up there with all of the better known brands in performance. But see.. RotoGrip only release about 4 - 5 balls a year or so, where as STORM releases a new line every year... RotoGrip just put more thought and take their time to release gear, whereas STORM is under pressure from all you STORM freaks to release a new ball every week....

Cheers,

No offence to anyone that bowls at Strike zone... but 2004 nationals/shield pattern was a complete joke... yes...But i had TONS of area... I do get area most places I bowl... dont ask me why... I ave 209 for 12 game, 4 of my team mate ave HIGHER then me... top ave of 214... Compare it to this year’s pattern, oil, OOB, just a hard all round centre to bowl at. Over that year I felt I improved tons, but this year... my brain was working overtime... i had 3-4 borads area if i was lucky... i ave 181. 4th in my team. Top ave 189... A HUGE 25 PIN DIFFERENCE...

Anyway back on topic, I have seen some roto grip thrown, and what I have seen, I like... but im really happy with my line atm

That’s my 2 cents

Ashley

well lets start roto grip is friggin awsome my dad has three of there balls.they roll consistently and carry really well, and all over good balls, the rs1 is one of those balls that you know is always gonna carry, the appoclypse good ball seems to keep the pins low and good recovery on the backend, and as for people puttin shit on there balls and saying they are factory seconds. when they are not factory seconds. stop saying it until you have bowled with there gear and more than one of there balls. coz it sounds stupid and if storm is so good why would they make poor balls.

there plenty of companys out there, maybe you storm users need to expand your options

ne way just my thoughts

luke green

Im not saying that rotogrip are factory seconds of storm, but if they were who cares? The majority of rotogrip balls perform better then any storm ball does. My high game used to be 270 and since ive used a rotogrip apocalypse and pure fuel ive shot a 288 and a couple of 279's. My average has also gone up by a couple of pins

Ok lets settle this

Ive bowled with every brand there is

Roto grip is extremely good, Ive bowled with most of their gear, the apocalypse and the rs1 are amazing, especially the apocalypse great backend, and the visions have a great roll

Sure i bowl with storm gear, but roto grip is no second

Hi all

Personally, I havn't had a RotoGrip ball, but that isn't because I think they are shit or anything like that. I have a lot of different brand balls in my bags, and the reason they are there is because they work well for ME. I have had balls that i've barely been able to use, not because the condition was never there for it, but just because they didn't suit my game.

I can understand those who don't like a brand (That is only if they have used it before.) One or more of the balls they have had from that brand they probably didn't like. However, i think anyone who doesn't have a contract saying they have to use a particular brand should be open to the idea of trying different things. If one brand works really well for someone, well that's great for them, but that doesn't make the brands they don't use shit!

Completely off topic i know... sorry

Jess

Back
Top Bottom