This is Me

finspin

My name is Alan Hanafin, aka Fin
Have been a member of this site for about a year. Yet to find another bowling site anywhere on this planet that comes close. Starting to feel like I actually belong.

I live in Shenley, Hertsfordshire, UK. Small village just inside the large carpark known as the M25, but only 20miles from central London.
Divorced, 2 kids, One of each. Live with a wonderful lady called Diane, she keeps me sane, just wish she had a passing interest in bowling.
49yrs old, recently retired as a Metropolitan Police Officer, now work as a civvy as a radio despatcher in the police traffic control room.

Started bowling in my early 20's with a few friends as a means of spending at least one night away from the pub. Joined a league, apart from a 4 year break in my early 40's been bowling ever since.
My bowling targets have been to increase my average each year, held 200.6 average for last year. On target to better that, its an all year round league.
I bowl in the Horlicks Marshall league at the Airport Bowl at Heathrow.
Right handed, Stroker, 15lb , play board 5 wherever poss
Currently have a 205 average
High game 289, high series 756, consec strikes 14 (twice)
Almost solely bowl with Columbia 300 products.

My Tournaments have been mainly Police events, We hold 7 competitions a year, held by different Police forces around the UK. We play nine games in singles, double and team, handicap and scratch. We have an Order of Merit based on the bests 6 events from the 7. Not won this since 1994. Maybe this year, Last 5 years always been in the top 5.

Attended the 2003 World Police and Fire Games in Barcelona, Spain.. Won 4 medals including Gold in tenpin bowling.
Did absolutly nothing in 2005 in Quebec, Canada. Left a lots of pins in the bar.
Attending the WPFG 2007 in Adelaide in 5 weeks, Hopeful of doing something, staying off the beer, bringing the girlfriend to make sure.

Fav Footie team.. "Come on you Lillie Whites " Tottenham Hotspurs
Fav Group.. Led Zeppelin
Fav male singer George Micheal
Fav female singer Barbara Streisand
Fav saying "Strangers are only friends you haven't met yet"

Look forward to meeting those Members who reside in Adelaide and have help me on this site and via PM's to plan my trip to Australia

Fin

Hi Alan,

Glad to see you enjoying our site…Great intro on yourself and best of luck with the Tournament at AMF Cross Roads in Adelaide…Hope to see more of your mates on here also…

Keep up the good work

Back
Top Bottom