THEORETICAL QUESTION - PINFALL

boybrowny

Just read the topic of bringing pins back up the lane - some good reading - GDF one on Tim Mack takes the cake....

HOWEVER - I personally have knocked over a 5 pin (completely over on its side) - which 'bounced' a certain way and stood back up between the 7 and 8 pin spots. I have also slid a 4 pin to a position between the 9 and 10 pin spots (Mt Gravatt when that spray on crap was wearing off in the pin decks)...

Here is my theoretically question....

If, by some freak of events, a pin was to move forward out of the pin deck to in front of the sweep and either remain upright or return to the upright position - would you still have to shoot the spare - or could you just get it cleared?

I have expericend that. The pin did not come out in front of the sweep but slid to a position between the sweep in the pinsetter. It was standing so i had to shoot at it. Stuffed if i know how it stayed up but it did.

It's ruled dead once it leaves the back of the pin deck through isnt it? Same as a ball is?

Hiya

Lacky believes that any pin that moves off spot (even in front of the sweep) should be respotted to its original position before the spare is attempted. That's his thoughts!!!

Kyles

Playing it were it stands, unless knocked over by the sweep or the pinsetter. Then it should be respotted.

I know this has NOTHING at all to do with pin carry, but my friend bowled his spare ball and got it between the pin setter and the pin clearer(which is really hard). :oops: I hate it when u get the best pocket shot, and a pin slides across but doesn't fall over! :evil: :twisted: :evil:

Back
Top Bottom