The Wrestling Thread

I just read that there has been a new match added to the Great American Bash. MVP V Matt Hardy for the US Title. Don't mean to sound arigant or anything, but i think it's about time he recieved a singles title run, and i spose the US title would be a good way to start.

Also after the Great American Bash, Later in Fresno they are hyping Rey Mysterio vs. Edge at the SD tapings for that week. Also advertised is Hardcore Holly, Matt Hardy, Ric Flair, RVD ( we know he won't be there) and Kane.

Time for Jeff Hardy to get in to the title picture I reckon. He's long overdue. Matt Hardy wont get to the top until he learns how to talk properly on the microphone. Of course people say wrestling is fake after they see Matt Hardy do a promo, he's worse than Lashley. Jeff ain't that good either but he wrestles like a main event superstar

Time for Jeff Hardy to get in to the title picture I reckon. He's long overdue. Matt Hardy wont get to the top until he learns how to talk properly on the microphone. Of course people say wrestling is fake after they see Matt Hardy do a promo, he's worse than Lashley. Jeff ain't that good either but he wrestles like a main event superstar

I think you've got your Hardys around the wrong way.

Matt is long overdue to be in the title picture - Jeff has already been a 3-time IC champ since his return last year. Matt can talk properly on the mic - Jeff is the one that can't and he certainly doesn't wrestle like a main event superstar.

The only singles title Matt has held was the Cruiserweight belt back in 2003 and of course the [sarcasm] prestigious [/sarcasm] Hardcore Title before then.

And by the way, no one - and I mean NO ONE - does a worse promo than Lashley!!!

Matt Hardy was European Champion. Come on I have old wrestling videos from back in the day and Matts promos were terrible. Maybe its just his accent I don't know as far as Jeff goes I'm talking about a World Title run not one of the 2nd string titles.

The Euro belt was just like the Hardcore one - it was a meaningless title.

Check out some of his promos during the Edge feud from 2yrs ago. They were pretty decent. His character isn't a guy that needs to do promos anyway.

They need Jeff to convincingly conquer the midcard before being elevated to the top spot. He's not that big of a drawcard for WWE either. Yes he gets loud pops when he comes out, but nowhere near the likes of Cena or HBK - or Edge. When was the last time Jeff spoke on the mic? Not in recent times. The only speaking I've heard him do was when he made his return to confront Edge, he had no mic but you could still hear him - now that was awful!!

The only top title he'd be able to pass off with is the WWECW one - but that won't be for ages seeing as Nitro, Punk, Burke and Cor Von are all next in line.

The Hardys are tag team wrestlers - thats what they'll forever be known as and at their greatest!

The Euro belt was just like the Hardcore one - it was a meaningless title. Check out some of his promos during the Edge feud from 2yrs ago. They were pretty decent.
Yeah that was Matt's best performance. I like the whole Matt Hardy vers1.0 Mattitude character, I loved his old computer entrance video. He needs to go back to that to get to the top. The Euro title was the worst decision wwe has ever made. The Hardcore title was a meaningless title but it was bloody entertaining.

I like the whole Matt Hardy vers1.0 Mattitude character, I loved his old computer entrance video. He needs to go back to that to get to the top. The Hardcore title was a meaningless title but it was bloody entertaining.
Who didn't love the random Matt fact's, lol. Hardcore title was more like the ECW title during the WWF years, but agreed, it was entertaining to watch matchs start backstage, go all over the arena, end up in the ring, then on the odd occasion, have someone who wasn't in the match to start with end up walking away with the title. I think the only way that Jeff will be able to make it to the top is for him to go to ECW. He fits in with those kind of wrestlers, seeing as the vast majority are the "risk taker's", and he'd get the odd occasion to do a swanton through a table if he is thrown into an Extreme rules match. The whole swaton through a table, in my opinon, was wat made the crowd take notice of him, might as well use it to his advantage.

Jeff deserves at least a shot at a big title, not neccessarily a win tho. The fact that Lashley picked him as a partner for the match on RAW last week could have some underlying subplot, maybe a feud with Kennedy, would make for decent TV. But he does need to work on mic skills, but neither Hardy is exceptionaly vocal if you think about it, but Matt is definitely better at it than Jeff.

Matt has some vocal skills, he handled himself pretty well when he was feuding with Kane and Edge...maybe cause Lita was involved, maybe not. But i don't think he has had much of chance to show off his verbal skills, I mean when was the last time we heard him on the mic??? Instead we have to listen to Lashley. Jeff and Kennedy would be a good feud, the quiet 1 goin against the loud mouth... Jeff might be able to pick up sum mic skills there as well.

I reckon they should have made something from the Boogyman. He got a huge push by beating 2 top wrestlers at 2 top ppv's, JBL and Booker T. Now they got him losing matches and yeah, not much happening with that character. The Boogyman could have been the next Undertaker

I reckon they should have made something from the Boogyman. He got a huge push by beating 2 top wrestlers at 2 top ppv's, JBL and Booker T. Now they got him losing matches and yeah, not much happening with that character. The Boogyman could have been the next Undertaker

Boogeyman has one of the best win-loss records out of all 3 brands. They don't need to make anything out of him. He doesn't need a belt to be feared.

Boogeyman has one of the best win-loss records out of all 3 brands. They don't need to make anything out of him. He doesn't need a belt to be feared.
Im not talking about him being a champion. I mean he should be in main event rivalries with the top superstars.

I am The Boogyman, and I'm comin' to getcha!! I love that

Scott Hall, finally World Champion

On Saturday Night in Mayaguez, Puerto Rico, Scott Hall won the WWC World Heavyweight Championship in a Triple Threat Match against Champion Apollo (from TNA fame) and Carlito (yes, the WWE Carlito). Hall pinned Apollo to win the championship.

This is great news, as Hall has been struggling to get a grip on his personal issues. Finally WWC gave him the chance to be World Champion.

By the way, I'm a HUGE Scott Hall fan!

"Survey Sez, one more for the Bad Guy!"

"Down Where? Down Here!"

Saturday Nov 23 - A one-night 8 man tournament to crown the first ever NWA Australian Heavyweight Champion to be held at Challenge Stadium, Perth,

Ticket Info
Tickets On Sale 27th July 2007

Adult
Front Row $64.95
Premium Ringside $44.95
Premium Raised $44.95
General Seating $34.95

www.ticketmaster.com.au
----------------------
Some of the best in the country will be vying for the opportunity to take the title, including:
Jimmy Payne (WA) - Current EPW champ (been champ since May 2006)
Hartley "Jag" Jackson (SA) - Former EPW champ
Spike Steele (VIC)
Mikey Nicholls - Former 2-time EPW Champ (was knocked out first round of the NWA title tournament in the US)
Fergal Devitt (Ireland) - Wrestles for NJPW

Also included will be either:
Bobby Marshall (WA) - participated in EPW's first ladder match in May this year. Wrestled all over the US with names such as Cowboy James Storm and Sean "X-pac" Waltman
OR Davis Storm (WA) - Former 2 time EPW champ (one of the best this state has!!)
Plus one more guaranteed big name international wrestler.

Also making an appearance are Joey Ryan and Karl "Machine Gun" Anderson (NWA Tag Champs) and the biggest name of all. The most money making man in wrestling today - CLAUDIO CASTAGNOLI

Anyone who's watched ROH knows who I'm talking about. Can't wait for this. Its gonna be huge!! :D:D:D

BREAKING NEWS:
Edge has just relinquished the WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP at the SMACKDOWN taping today!
He suffered a torn pectoral muscle in his feud with KANE last week on SMACKDOWN! A special match has been set for SMACKDOWN to determine the new HEAVYWEIGHT champion and KANE, being the number one contender for the title still, will face the winner at the GREAT AMERICAN BASH!
Edge is said to be out until about November.

The Perth SD/ECW show must be cursed. First Taker was injured, then Kennedy (before he was drafted), and now EDGE. I saw on WWE.com who became champ. Well, SD just became the "C" show in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom