The TBA 300 ring.... what does it look like??

gaz030781

Noobus
Hello all,

Was wondering if someone could post a pic of the ring the TBA has to offer?

They don't have it on their site, just the price :)

Kind Regards,
Gary N.

l_901b787c7b264d3ea099bd6996b91b68.png

Sorry Ben, along with all the other changes at TBA the ring has also been changed.
There is now a choice of 4 nice designs.

Congrats again the 300 Gary.

Attachments

• Rings_216254.jpg
    Rings_216254.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 23
There are four designs to pick from.
You can pick whichever one you would like...you also get to select a ring for 800 series and [if you're ever lucky enough] 900 series.
Im not sure they're doing 299 or 298 anymore :confused:

I am hoping my attachements of the designs work.

Attachments

• USBC300.2.jpg
    USBC300.2.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 225
  • USBC300.3.jpg
    USBC300.3.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 226
  • USBC300.4.jpg
    USBC300.4.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 224
  • USBC300.jpg
    USBC300.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 222
I remember as a kid I would always marvel at the old ATBC posters that were posted at the bowl, showing all the different awards. I was always drawn to the 300 award and always dreamed of bowling one. As a kid I was always told that if you bowl a 300 you have the choice of a gold ring or a gold watch.

Even as an impressionable youngster I had already decided that should I ever reach the pinnacle of our sport that I was definately going to choose the gold watch (I never actually thought I'd throw one, so I never bothered to research it :D)

Fast forward to a warm Townsville night in 1996, at Currajong Super Bowl, I finally realised my dream and threw my first 300. When the time came to fill out the award card etc I was asked "ring or watch?"

Without hesitation I chose the watch.

So a couple of months go by and my watch arrives and is presented to me in league. As I went up to receive it I remembered back to my days as a young bowl rat dreaming of that elusive watch. I was so excited.

So imagine my absolute horror when I opened the box to see a watch that looked like it had come from the jewellery rack at K-Mart (even some of them look more expensive). As many of the league came to look at the watch, I was almost embarrassed to show them as it look so ordinary. :(

Actually a few days after receiving my watch I was at home flicking through some junk mail, and there in an Amies catalogue was my 300 watch for the princely sum of $39.95.

I still to this day have never worn it.

It then took me 8 long years to bowl 300 number 2 - after which I just purchased the plaque (at least it looks nice on my wall).

Cheers

Steve :D

The American rings are so nice, I would love to have one of them.

Back
Top Bottom