The passing of Kevin Brawn

steve jones

Sadly Kevin Brawn passed away just a few days ago. His funeral is to be held at Springvale Victoria at 11.15am Wednesday March 9 [the family chose not to post notices in the general press]. I knew Kevin well and for a period of 20 years from about 1988 onward had a great deal to do with him both from a business and social stand point. He was a dedicated bowling man, a very good coach, an enterprising proprietor who had a great thirst for knowledge and an exceptional trainer of new people entering the industry.

Privately he was an terrific raconteur, extremely generous and above all else a man of great character. I'm sure there will be many people in the sport, business and industry of bowling who will join in extending sympathy to Kevin's family and friends at this time.

He will be greatly missed. May he rest in peace.

Steve Jones

Couldn't agree more with your post Jones. I had a lot of good times with Brawny. Great guy who will be missed around the bowling scene.
Lovey

Agree, we all come from the same era. Brawny actually employed me with Robbie Thompson to labour on the first Oztenpin centre - greensborough. And he introduced me to Edi when she was at werribee. He was always very supportive and helpful. He loved the business and the sport. RIP Brawny

Back
Top Bottom