TENPIN ON LOCAL TV

TENPIN BOWLING CONTINUES ON C31 TELEVISION IN ADELAIDE.

Broadcast times:
TUESDAY 7.30PM
THURSDAY 6.30PM
SUNDAY 12.30PM

C31 Community Television is just above SBS, and is soon to increase their power by x10.
Judging by the tremendous reponse from bowlers and centre managers, the broadcasts may extend to other bowling centres in the future.

This weeks match 18 is the final between staff from three AMF bowling centres.
ISAAC (Woodville)
SCOTT (Norwood)
BRENTON (Village)

Last weeks match 17 results were:
NATHAN (Woodville) 225
BEN (Norwood) 161
MATHEW (Village) 213

Your commentators for these matches are Robert & Jason.

Tony Drexel
FTASS

WOODVILLE WINS 3 CENTRES AMF STAFF MATCH!

WOODVILLE...1ST....total of 11PTS
VILLAGE........2ND....total of 6pts
NORWOOD.....3RD....total of 4pts

INDIVIDUAL SCORES FOR BOTH GAMES:

ISAAC (Woodville)... .226 - 6pts
NATHAN (Woodville)...225 - 5pts
BRENTON (Village)......223 - 4pts
SCOTT (Norwood)....220 - 3pts
MATHEW (Village).....213 - 2pts
BEN (Norwood)......161 - 1pt

NEXT WEEKS TELEVISION BROADCAST: GAME 1 OF 4 PLAYER SHOOTOUT:

ANDREW COCK
PETER JONES
STEVE DOECKE
WAYNE ROBERTS

AND WE GO BEHIND THE LANES WITH TROY FROM AMF BOWLING TO TAKE A CLOSE UP LOOK AT THE A2 PINSETTER.

COMMENCING BROADCAST IN EARLY OCTOBER IS THE AMF WOODVILLE SCRATCH LEAGUE, FEATURING SOME OF THE STATES TOP BOWLERS GOING HEAD TO HEAD FOR MONEY AND PRIZES! STAY TUNED.

Adelaide is the only city in Australia to have a regular Tenpin Bowling Show, and with monthly viewers in excess of 250,000 people watching C31, the potential to promote our sport is tremendous.
AMF is the primary sponsor for the show, but 30 second add slots are available for any business at a very low rate.
(Adverts for alcohol or dating etc are not allowed - we will leave those to the other channels)!

ALL MATCHES ARE BROADCAST ON C31 TELEVISION, OR ONCE SHOWN ON AIR CAN BE PURCHASED ON DVD.

Any enquiries to:

Tony Drexel
Manager,
Free To Air Satellite Services.
www.ftass.com.au
Ph 0414 885 982

LET'S ROLL!

I hope that everyone with C31 reception will support this venture. The show has been undergoing continual production improvements in order to make the presentation as professional as possible. Hopefully this will be a kickstart to getting bowling back on TV on a regular basis.

Thanks also to AMF for their sponsorship of the show.

Ben,

ALL MATCHES ARE BROADCAST ON C31 TELEVISION, OR ONCE SHOWN ON AIR CAN BE PURCHASED ON DVD.

Any enquiries to:

Tony Drexel
Manager,
Free To Air Satellite Services.
www.ftass.com.au
Ph 0414 885 982

from the second post. Tony should be able to help, at least with DVD purchase.

Hi Ben,
Hope this helps..

Tuning in to UHF31
Tune your television set onto the UHF band (past all the commercial channels on the VHF band) and tune to Channel 31 (just past the SBS image). Tuning your TV to C31 depends on the type of TV you own:

TVs with Automatic Channel Selectors.....

Open the tuning compartment and select a channel that’s not in use. Turn Automatic Fine Tune to ‘Off’
Set Band Selector to U or UHF
Tune to UHF 31
Press Memory or Execute control to store channel
Turn Automatic Fine Tune to ‘On’

TVs with Touch-Tune or Push-Button selectors....

Open the tuning compartment and select a channel that’s not in use. Turn Automatic Fine Tune to ‘Off’
Set Band Selector to U, UHF or Band 4 or 5
Tune to UHF 31
Turn Automatic Fine Tune to ‘On’

If you have any problems you can call C31 on 8234 6955.

Some people may not be able to receive C31 due to buildings or large trees blocking the path to Mt Lofty. This problem will reduce when C31 is granted permission from the Government to increase power up to x10 times the present level. Usually if you can see SBS clearly, you should be able to see C31.

My primary focus is to promote Bowling to the general public, as being a fun sport that just about anyone can participate.
I would like to see bowling return and exceed the popularity the sport had during the 70's, and make a certain well-know celebrity who once said "bowling is not a sport", EAT HIS HAT!
I also hope that in the future all people will be represented. By that I mean youth, senior, handicapped, disability, championship, and even children (with written consent from parents/guardians).
So making a dollar out of selling DVD's of the matches is not my primary concern, but if you don't have any luck tuning C31 in, please contact me. As Brenton stated above, I can supply DVD copies of any broadcast matches for a small fee.

Kind regards,
Tony Drexel
[email protected]

A little fun! :p
Some of the action we broadcast on television.

Click on link or copy and paste into your browser....you need Quicktime player to view it.

http://users.senet.com.au/~ftass/Bloopers.mov

DISCLAIMER:
No AMF staff were harmed or injured during the making of this clip.

Dale - I just had to put this on the net - as anything in front of the camera is fair game (almost)

We have Lift Off!

Melbourne and Geelong C31 Television with a massive viewing audience, have requested access to the AMF Tenpin Bowling Show.

C31 here in Adelaide are very pleased with the following it has created.
They have had reports of the show appearing as far away as Pt Augusta, with DVD's etc recorded off air and sent out to the country.

If you have Community Television in your area, why not email or call them asking if they could take Tenpin on board. Community support is important to their operation.

This looks like a good time to really give our sport a massive lift.

Let's Roll!:TVsurf:

Next weeks players on Television battling head to head are:

Dale Boyt
Robert Elliott
Rod McPherson
Gavin Lawrence

Filming session this Sunday Woodvile Bowl 2pm, including SSR (Smooth Slow Recording) for coaching purposes (straight after Travel League), and
Match-Play Monday 9.30pm (Woodville Scratch League).

Tony Drexel
AMF Tenpin Bowling Show

Tenpin Bowling Show is on tonight (Thursday), at 6.30pm on C31 Community Television.
Watch Gavin Lawrence go for it, and he's only 17 yrs old!
That ellusive 300 on TV is getting closer..........

All Community Television Stations in Australia will have their copies of the Tenpin Bowling Show by Friday, in an attempt to see if they will start putting it on air in their state.
I will post in the main forum by Monday the contact details from their respective public web sites, so if people wish to have more bowling on TV can let them know that Bowling is very popular in Australia, it is a sport, and it has a massive loyal following.

The girls are on TV next week (Amanda Bauer & Karen Kelly), and they are turning up the heat!

Tony Drexel
Tenpin Bowling Show

TENPIN BOWLING SHOW starts regular weekly transmission on C31 Melbourne and Geelong, with a quoted audiance of 1.2 million people.
Please see my posting in the main forum for more details of this exciting development for Tenpin Bowling in this country. The show could go national.

This weeks show saw Gavin Lawrence bowl a 257. Great game Gavin!

Next weeks show includes Karen Kelly, Amanda Bauer, Rob Woods and Alex Bridge going head to head.

Filming today( Saturday), 3pm at AMF VILLAGE BOWL, Golden Grove.
Junior bowlers, including Brenton Davys' son Jay!

I did say that I wanted ALL to be repesented and given a fair go, and that includes the bowlers of tomorrow. Our future.

Hope to soon be able to grab a major tournament and throw it on TV also.

Tony Drexel
Tenpin Bowling Show.

This'd be really good to be able to catch on TV.
Not sure if we have community telly down this way, probably not the population for it.
You do a great job by the sounds of it. Excellent stuff
icon14.gif

The shows first tournament will be the finals of the 'TRAVEL LEAGUE' in November, to be broadcast from the AMF WOODVILLE Lanes.
League Bowlers from the country centres will be coverging on Woodville to compete for the winners trophy.

Support for the show continues to flow in from all corners with Jason Belmonte even offering to help!
The show starts on Melbourne & Geelong TV tonight (Tuesday), with repeats airing on Thursdays.

Let's give bowling a real roll in this country, and see what happens!

Tony Drexel
Tenpin Bowling Show
[email protected]
Ph 0414 885 982

Tonights show (Tuesday) will be a repeat of a previous show, as I was not able to get it completed on time for C31 Adelaide.
My mother passed away this morning, Tuesday 10.30am at Modbury Hospital.
This weeks skeduled show will go to air on Thursday at the normal time of 6.30pm.

Kind regards,
Tony Drexel.
Tenpin Bowling Show.

My condolences to you Tony.

You are doing Bowling in Australia a great service with your enthusiasm for the Sport.

Keep up the great work.

Cheers

Paul K.

My condolences to you also Tony,

I also agree with Paul that you are doing Bowling in Australia a great service. I'm sorry for your loss.

Brenton Manning

Tony,

Really sorry to hear of the loss of your mother.

Today is a significant day for me personally, as today marks one year since I lost my grandfather in death.

It's not a nice feeling but it's good to know our loved ones are no longer suffering.

You're in our thoughts and prayers as you cope with this difficult time.

Back
Top Bottom