Tenpin Bowling Show Taping at Bowland Salisbury

Brenton_Davy

900Global bowler
THe Tenpin bowling Show will be taping a pilot series at Bowland Salisbury on Sunday 10th November from 1.30pm. We are looking for spectators to add some atmosphere to the production. A gold coin donation to assist in fundraising for the South Australian Presidents Shield Team is requested.

A new scoring system will be tested during this production to hopefully inject more excitement into the production.

Reactions: CT
For anyone who attends on Sunday, I'll arrange a free download of the X Games Bowling app, XGB Pro Score©.
Currently only available on iTunes however we will be releasing an Android version in approx a month, so I'll make an Android download free to people attending with an Android phone, once it becomes available.

Can i suggest player songs for when they strike as well. This adds great atmosphere to the crowd from what i experienced at the PBA show tapings on the weekend. Maybe ask bowlers to bring a song with them if they make the finals and have it played everytime they strike. Just a suggestion.

I'd like to thank the Management and Staff at Bowland Salisbury and to Tony Drexel and Team from Tenpin Bowling Show, including Brenton and Michael, for the assistance everyone gave us yesterday.
Also to the bowlers who gave their time to bowl a match, to all concerned, THANK YOU VERY MUCH..
Regards, Pete

No offence intended Mistagear, but, ~$5 for your app is a pricey, IMO. If you want your scoring system to take off, people will need your app. I don't know how many people would be willing to pay ~$5 to play tenpin, but score using your app.

I looked but didn't buy for that reason Andy. A lite version might be a good idea as a trial.

No offence intended Mistagear, but, ~$5 for your app is a pricey, IMO. If you want your scoring system to take off, people will need your app. I don't know how many people would be willing to pay ~$5 to play tenpin, but score using your app.

Thanks for your feedback. I really do appreciate you taking time to let me know your thoughts.
To fill in so you know why it is currently priced @$5, present version has some screens which I'm not happy with because ( I think) it may be slightly confusing who is to bowl next, therefore we are doing a total revamp to be more bowler friendly as well as include bowler stats section etc . Will be releasing the Android version at same time.
I prefer to hold the price up until the new version is ready in a few weeks rather than have more bowlers using the old screens.
Will be $2 including all the new features

Thanks for your feedback. I really do appreciate you taking time to let me know your thoughts.
To fill in so you know why it is currently priced @$5, present version has some screens which I'm not happy with because ( I think) it may be slightly confusing who is to bowl next, therefore we are doing a total revamp to be more bowler friendly as well as include bowler stats section etc . Will be releasing the Android version at same time.
I prefer to hold the price up until the new version is ready in a few weeks rather than have more bowlers using the old screens.
Will be $2 including all the new features

I think you'll have a much better chance at getting more downloads of your app priced at $2 as opposed to $5. Good move.

I have another question, which I though of last night. If I wanted to go down to the bowl & play a few games with some mates, using your scoring app. Obviously, I'd need to hire the lanes for a set amount of time, as opposed to a number of games. Could get expensive quickly of you keep having points tied...

I think you'll have a much better chance at getting more downloads of your app priced at $2 as opposed to $5. Good move.

I have another question, which I though of last night. If I wanted to go down to the bowl & play a few games with some mates, using your scoring app. Obviously, I'd need to hire the lanes for a set amount of time, as opposed to a number of games. Could get expensive quickly of you keep having points tied...

Using the smallest format of the app, a match could be over in as little as 8 frames or it could, as we experienced on the weekend, take an hour. A time hire of lanes would be the better option.

The theory behind XGB Pro Score© is to make Sport Bowling a real contest between worthy opponents. A match where one competitor's skill level was so superior to his opponent that resulted in a total whitewash (the 8 frame scenario) should NOT be contested in the first place.
imho what transpired on Sunday was a true match contest of head to head, hard fought, point for point Sport. I think it displayed exactly what I designed the scoring system to achieve, to make it exciting to watch and play and to have bowling respected as a real sport. Sunday's match was not a math exercise where it is very difficult to get interested in a game because you always have to wait to the very last frame to know who is winning and by how many.
I'm pretty keen to have The Tenpin Bowling Show post the finished video, so people can compare the difference.
I'll also be happy to accept people's opinion once they see the product for themselves.

Back
Top Bottom