Tenpin Bowling App - Bowling Stats Manager

jk12x

BowlingStatsManager.com
Hi Guys,

Check out www.bowlingstatsmanager.com.

This is a bowling app in it's second year now and is a great tool for recording your games and series. Available for Iphone & Ipad (at this time), there are separate sections for both leagues and tournaments. Stats auto populate as you enter your scores. (Averages, highs, lows, profit/loss, win% just to name a few)

As well as this, you can record your Venues and Equipment.

We are constantly evolving and appreciate the support and feedback from bowlers already using our app. Keep the feedback coming. We have just added Twitter and Facebook posts and 2014 will be a big year as we look to add (as a starting point):

Web posting & Sync
Additional expense options
Calendar sync
Android compatibility

Cheers
Jon King
Bowling Stats Manager

Does the app have a category for strike and spare percentages in league and tournaments? This is one factor bowlers would like to know about their game so if the app doesn't have this stat, is there a chance of including it to the app?

Thanks for your feedback guys,

CSP - not as yet in strike & spare percentages. It is more based on final game score entry (as you go), and there is no frame by frame option at this time. That said, our developer already has plans for the frame by frame scoring (this will automatically include the strike / spare / splits / opens %). It is already in development in the web version and I we will keep you updated once this is ready.

Loose Cannon - Android is scheduled for 2014. We are currently developing the web/integration model. Can't give a timeframe on Android, but we will get there this year.

Cheers
Jon King
Bowling Stats Manager

There is a shipload of code to create a stats package suitable to meet bowlers expectations. Once you get that far you may as well look at a Server to deliver global stats referenced across all users. Position/standings in various groups, full suite of available stats etc.
All well and good to desire the capability, good on you if you press on to deliver that much functionality. Good luck with everything

Just my opinion but anyone who is actually bothered to download an app like this (and there are a lot of them) obviously cares enough about their game to do so.

Its good to hear about the next update as I believe its very important to have the ability to track scores by frame including remaining pins after first ball and spare conversion. These results show a pattern over time, especially if you do it well enough and long enough. The outcome is that you get a good understanding of where your game needs to improve.

Again good work on building an app (I couldn't do it) but if you want people to download yours instead of others the frame by frame functionality will help.

Appreciate the feedback guys. This started as an personal tool (app) for my own personal use, as an alternative to an Excel spreadsheet.

It has and will continue to evolve.

There is a very talented developer behind this who has built this from the ground up. We look forward to seeing how we can take this.

All feedback and comments are greatly appreciated as it helps to prioritise and fill the gaps.

Cheers
Jon King
Bowling Stats Manager

Back
Top Bottom