Telstra and their new fees

I believe Optus charge the same fees and have for a long time?

I saw on a news site that optus were going to be charging for paper bills, I am a customer as as yet i havent seen any notification of that occurring. Although, if you pay at the post office they charge you 55c on your next bill. When i was with Telstra it was free, dont know if it still is.
Optus Broadband customers get charged $2.20 or something if you dont direct debit.

Next thing they will put a charge on the charges.

Yeah I was an Optus customer until July when I switched to Telstra. They charged a paper bill fee ($2.20 or something) and also charged a fee if you didn't pay via direct debit (was a percentage of each bill charge). Optus had the absolute worst customer service and most of the time I could not understand the person I was talking to as their accent was too thick. It was only on the very last contact I made with them that I got someone I could understand and have a conversation with. Telstra on the other hand have made 3 mistakes with my account already since July, but to their credit they have fixed each one promptly and everytime I have spoken to someone I could understand easily.

I saw on a news site that optus were going to be charging for paper bills, I am a customer as as yet i havent seen any notification of that occurring. Although, if you pay at the post office they charge you 55c on your next bill. When i was with Telstra it was free, dont know if it still is.
Optus Broadband customers get charged $2.20 or something if you dont direct debit.

Next thing they will put a charge on the charges.

Further update. They have now responded with :

Thank you for your email dated 28/08/09 regarding payment administration fees.

I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience that this has caused you. I also apologise for the delayed response to your email. I have had a look at your account, as well as your other emails to better understand what had happened. I have raised a service request, with number SR 1-204xxxxxx, so that this will be further investigated and resolved. I understand that a TIO complaint has been raised regarding this, thus a case manager will be in contact with you within 24-48 business hours for the resolution.

Thanks a lot for staying with us, and please do not hesitate to contact us via www.telstra.com if you require further information or assistance.

Will be interesting to see what they do if anything.

I was going to post that. My complaint is STILL with TIO so it isn't completed yet but by the look of things it wont need to be.

If enough people stand up for what is right then sometimes we have a win.

Back
Top Bottom