TBA do it Again...

Jase

Admin
Staff member
TBA do it Again... :smiley.php:

Was just reading the Advertised Calendar on the TBA website and came across this…

Sat 02 Feb Sun 03 Feb Bundaberg Rum City Classic - This event was not TBA accreditated in 2007

I can assure you that this wasn’t the case and that TBA are once again not double checking these things before publishing it…After contacting Peter at Bundy Bowl and Leisure and having it reconfirmed by Noel Ambler… THIS EVENT WAS accredited in 2007 and will be AGAIN in 2008…

Stuff published like this can be damaging to both the event organisers and bowling personal in question…

Thanks…

gees jase thats a bit rude
i heard you have to pay an arm and a leg to get a tournament accredited and then they dont even acknowledge on their site.

Gee our sports in great hands ;)

We got a piece of paper with the accreditation number for the world cup tournament but its not listed on the site either. Maybe the office staff are still on holidays and catching up with paperwork.

And looking at last years calendar some events never made it to the calendar

Well looking at it, Western Open wasnt even accreditated, someone is lucky Mr Martin didn't bowl his 300.

What's the go with Redcliffe, they didn't even sanction the Redcliffe Open.

Last year I found it difficult to find out when and where different events were on. The 2007 NSW State Championships were only confirmed 1 or 2 months before it was actually on. Even after the entry forms were released, the calender still had the location down as "T.B.A.". 2008 hasnt started off too badly though. I applaude the TBA on that for now.

Shouldnt it be a standard to have accredited events put up on their respective calenders. I don't know what the fees are to make them accredited, but the least you can do is put them up. If this doesn't happen, nobody knows about what events are on, and when they do its usually too late.

Back
Top Bottom