Tassie 'Major' Tournament

scooter

Hi everyone,

Well myself and Gusman have decided that it is time to get a big tournament going in Tassie again! We have come up with a format that hopefully appeals to some mainland bowlers.

The proposed torunament is:

- Skins Format
- Based on 40 bowlers
- $250 Entry Fee
- 20 Games - Bowled over 2 days (10/day)
- Each game the skin will go to the highest individual game @ $250 per skin.
- As well as the skins there will be cash prizes for the top 4 bowlers - highest pinfall over the 20 games.
1st: $750
2nd: $500
3rd: $250
4th: $140

We would need sufficient interest from you guys on the mainland to go ahead and plan this tournament. Keep in mind, the above figures are based without any sponsorship at all .... so if we can generate some interest and the tournament gets off the ground, then the prizefund could be expanded significantly. The above figures are bare minimum (based on 40 bowlers).

Please let me know if u would be interested in coming down for such a tournament and feel free to offer any suggestions or modifications to the format that you may have.

We really do want to run this torunament, but we need some initial support to get it started!

Talk to me!!!!

icon_biggrin.gif

Ok scott

If I still lived on the mainland I'D come down for it
icon_biggrin.gif

But the price... I can barely afford it living "next door" to the bowl..

I know that is what it takes to get the prizemoney but I'm just saying...

Jes
icon_eek.gif

Cmon Guys & Gals ....

Surely someone has something to say about this????

Ideas, suggestions, interested, not interested ..... need some feedback!!!

Why it would, how it could work ..... why it wont work ... let me have it!!

icon_confused.gif
icon_confused.gif
icon_confused.gif

George,
If we can get it off the ground, we are looking at weekend after a major (like you suggested previously) possibly as soon as after melb cup or later in the yr after sydney cup. Whichever is more feasible. We need a lot of interest from the mainland tho. We could possibly field 10-15 bowlers that would be keen enough and the other 30-25 from the other side. But when it is $250 entry and you get that back after winning one game, hell yeah, why not I say. Just think if you won say 10 games and finished highest overall! You would walk away with more than you get for a Sup 6 win and a lot less games. More than covers your expenses! So if you are interested there should be at least 24 others. Although, if we get more than 40 we will have to bowl 5 to a pair, but we will just wait and see. IF THERE ANY MORE PPL OUT THERE THAT ARE INTERESTED?????????? Just post.

Thanx

if BELMO goes, I go :^)
And ill try and bring some victorians down, providing we dont get infected by your chromozone problem

Hey Cam, what problem is that?? I'm sure you will find out, when you come down here for the Lonny skins!! lol

Whilst we are in the preliminary stages of sorting a "major tourney" for Tasmania and are viewing to invite mainlanders (of course), I suggest we also begin to plan the evening of beverage-consumption.
Venue, guests, music, beverages, attire.
These are important considerations.
I'm sure attire will lack(as I've seen it before), and music will be mediocre (none of you seem to appreciate Jeff or Jazz as you should...), but if there is sufficient "gas" (fanta, trent?) and a half-decent venue, Tassie can half-fulfil the role of host.
In simpler terms for you "b-list bogans"
icon_smile.gif
(Jekk): "Dude, If we promise 'em a wild night, goin' out and gettin' on the gas, well **** mate, they have to come down to bowl!!""
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

ummmm leese what drugs r u on and where can i get some? lol

peace out

tha DJ

He He He, for the right price....he he he.
No, I'm just thinking about the IMPORTANT stuff!!!!

Milkman, im sure our cromohzone problem will not affect you, as ur victorian makeup is not of this world......maybe planet of the apes...lol.....before u get here we will call in moulder and scully ok.....lol, just to make sure u dont leak green stuff all over the place.
icon_biggrin.gif

GUS,
What kind of behavioural code are you having for the skins? Just for my benefit is the reason I ask.
Will let you know very soon as I am playing in my first tournament in 3-years on Sunday an 11-gamer at Moonah too see if I can get through okay, without injury.

icon_cool.gif
IT'S THE EYE OF THE TIGER
icon_cool.gif

well i think this tournie sounds good & ill be in it would be good 2 get the mainland bowlers down.

anyway ill im in.

bye all

jack
icon_smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom