Super Six Oiling Patterns - Three in a Row

Jez

I had a quick look at the pattern released for the SA Cup this weekend, when I saw it i thought i had seen it before so i did some quick research and downloaded the last three patterns from the last three majors (SPC, Brunswick & SA Cup)......

To my surprise they are all the same except brunswick which is 0.4 mls more. Same length and everything else (very minor differences).

I have two questions.

1. Why is the same pattern being laid at all Super Six events??
2. If it is the same pattern why wait to release it the week of the event, just copy and paste from the last event!!!!!

When these events go towards National Rankings surely different conditions should be laid to test the field...not forgetting the Rankings play a pretty important part in selecting National Teams in the future. I am not saying make the patterns harder or easier just would like to see different patterns at different events!

Unfortunately i wont be there on the weekend..Good Luck everyone. If there was a pick a ball contest...my money is on the guy who won the last two events...he is pretty good on this pattern..

My two cents worth....

Attachments

• Kegel Challenge Series - MIDDLE_ROAD.pdf
    117.3 KB · Views: 39
  • Brunswick Cup 2008.pdf
    113.1 KB · Views: 34
  • SA Cup 2009.pdf
    113 KB · Views: 43
Now they arent even trying to cover it up....

Well done George, Andrew Mcarthur and or Brenton Davy on your win :D

Brenton's got to be in the shorts. Great distraction factor in his favour.

In any case, good luck to all those competing and lets hope someone from SA can keep these interstaters prize fund contributions in our State.

Whilst I won SPC and Brunswick, I came from behind both times after the event was dominated by some right handed power players. I think 39ft or thereabouts is a good length which caters for a majority of the field.

AMF are doomed if they do and doomed if they don't. Lay something shorter and people complain there is no oil, lay something longer and most bowlers can't hook and subsquently won't support the next event. There has to be some level ground, something between 38ft and 42ft is ok.

What they could do is write to Kegel or source some different patterns from their library. I think you'll find the patterns they have used for the last year have come from the Kegel library under the challenge section which has kept the scores down a tad on the year before. You can do alot between 38ft and 42ft, just got to ask for some assistance if you don't know.

We should be lucky we have something to bowl in, without AMF our National bowling scene would almost not exist (unless you live in QLD). Let's hope AMF get the entry form out for the AO soon so people can start planning for it now.

As for this weekend, hope they have the fans working as well as the aircon :D

PS We'll miss you Jarrod :D

George it looks like the air con isn't working as per the forum under the SA Cup...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twwety
Can anyone from SA tell us whether the air con has been fixed at Cross Roads, seeing it hasn't been for the past 2 years & the men used to rely on those big fans...

Thanks,
Jenny

nothing has been done to fix the aircon yet
....but I don't think it going to be that hot over the weekend - Hopefully

Looks like its going to be hot in there.

Jenny ;)

Hey Jez,

The only way to prevent this from happening, is to change who you are and how you naturally interact with other people...;)

While allot of us are living in fantasy land, others are milking the real world for everything it offers::D

On a Positive note...It's helping everyone with excess baggage... :D

In Response to the SA aircond - we were there in September for Holt and it was not hot outside (even think it rained one day) but was very warm and sticky when inside bowling, during the masters event especially i had to throw the hands up at the overhead fans to try and cool down a bit, Good Luck!

Whilst I won SPC and Brunswick, I came from behind both times after the event was dominated by some right handed power players. I think 39ft or thereabouts is a good length which caters for a majority of the field.

AMF are doomed if they do and doomed if they don't. Lay something shorter and people complain there is no oil, lay something longer and most bowlers can't hook and subsquently won't support the next event. There has to be some level ground, something between 38ft and 42ft is ok.

First, not surprised George thinks it is a good length..as i said he has a good record on it...but what about the ppl that havent gone that well on 39 ft......would you give it a go a third time around or keep ur $$ (for the record this is not the reason i am not participating)

As for the comment about long and short..i am not saying make them tough...u can lay a long pattern that hooks...and vice a versa. I just think each event should have different patterns. i dont think that is much to ask for.

Topic which should be re-ignited ....A-Symetical patterns...............but dont think we are ready to look into that again yet.

It can be simplified to this.

When the PBA put down symetrical patterns on tour the lefthanders dominate.

They very rarely put down a symetrical pattern.

In Australia 95% of the time a symetrical pattern gets put down.

Scores after 16 games of SA Cup,

George left hander
Andrew right hander
Brenton left hander
Andrew Mc left hander

The right handers start around the same area as the left but,by the end of a block of games have to change balls numerous times and finish with their feet in the left hand gutter.
Left handers have to make small adjustments throughout their block of games and thus have a huge advantage.

There are as far as I know 8 left handers that entered the tournament.

1 missed the first cut.

2 missed the top 10 cut.

5 made the top 10 cut.

That is a pretty convincing arguement that this pattern should not be used in every event. When you make symmetrical HIGH SCORING conditions, a left hander will always win, as correctly stated by Matt Riley.

If by chance Andrew Frawley wins this event, it will be one of the strongest individual efforts in a national tournament I have ever seen.

1 missed the first cut.

2 missed the top 10 cut.

5 made the top 10 cut.

And 4 from 5 in the top 5.......surely something has to change....

1 missed the first cut.

2 missed the top 10 cut.

5 made the top 10 cut.

That is a pretty convincing arguement that this pattern should not be used in every event. When you make symmetrical HIGH SCORING conditions, a left hander will always win, as correctly stated by Matt Riley.

If by chance Andrew Frawley wins this event, it will be one of the strongest individual efforts in a national tournament I have ever seen.

Didn't Matt Riley do that in the AO last year ?

hammo

All you right-handers are the same.If you don't have 10 boards to play with,left-handers will beat you guys all the time.Left handers have a smaller target to hit, thats why they are more accurate.This is only speaking from experience.See how many bites I get!!!!!Can't wait
Lovey

You tell them Steve,
Been listening to this for years.................

As quoted by Jez

The other other reason why that lefty didn't make the top 5 (other than the fact he cant bowl) is he's fat, old, doesn't train...........just to mention his good points....

cheers

Tony

Your right, the righties can form a committee and decide to play the same part of the lane and break it down together. Then they can all practise a bit harder and try and figure out a way of cutting down their massive amounts of revs (which lefties don't have) which will allow them to play further right.

They can also stop complaining and learn to adjust to the conditions. Andrew did just fine this weekend and at Brunswick. Mick and Walshy were miles in front at the SPC before I got on a run. The lane condition never stopped the winner from winning.

Good bowlers adjust and bowl on what they are given. I got shut out at the World Cup, what did I do? just finish as high as I could. People need to stop winging and just practise a bit harder. You can only bowl to the best of your ability, if that falls short better train a bit harder.

I bowled about 50 games in the last 8 days PRIOR to the SA Cup as preparation, I ran 4 times and went for a swim twice. I learnt ages ago complaining gets you no where, bowl, learn, adjust and score.

Over and out :mad:

Whilst I agree that leftys are the spawn of the devil, and should only get 9 frames a game, ;) there is one observation from SA Cup...

With 5 leftys out of 10 in the final, won't both sides break down the same? So surely if the leftys only got there because the left was easier, why did the five rightys not outscore the 5 leftys on the most equitable split possible?

Assuming the lanes were reoiled, of course.

George, I think you need to pull your head out of your bum and take a look around!

If you believe that from a field of 53 bowlers, which contained only 8 left handers (quoted from earlier), that 5 of them should make the top 10 and of them 4 in the top 5 is fair and due to practicing harder you really are having a lend of yourself.

I will assume from your comments that you think that all right handers have no idea how to adjust to conditions, throw less revs and adjust. We are all just stupid and want to see the ball hook the entire lane, rather than winning being on our priority list.

I would like to see how many tournaments you would get up and running without the right-handers!

Jez is knocking on the right door with asymmetric patterns; it has been proven to be the only way of levelling the playing field.

With AMF choosing to set similar patterns for the past few events, I was one who waited for the pattern to be released before deciding to bowl or not. It appears that my judgement was sound!

Instead of coming up with some egotistic crap about how much you practice, how silly right handers are, how much better your adjustments were, etc......... How about thinking of a solution that will keep tournament bowling alive in this country???

If this level of 'fairness' continues you won’t have a tournament circuit to bowl in come 2010.

CT

I think Steve is spot on, most lefties (myself included) don't throw massive shots, we just hit the same board all day and don't break down the lanes with revs. The ball doesn't need to cross 25 boards to knock over 10 pins. But what else would we talk about if the righties weren't bagging the lefties? (or lack of oil on the right?)
Robbie makes a good point, the final 10 was split evenly.

Back
Top Bottom