Storm for "Crankers"

Craigy

At the moment i am bowling with three storm reactive bowling balls
(X Factor Deuce, Eraser Boost and a Big hit pearl)
and i have spoken to a few people and they have all said
that storm does not suite me and i should be bowling with another
brand because i dont get many revs or much speed on the ball

Do storm only produce products for "crankers"?
Can strockers get a maximum effect out of storm bowling balls?
Should i stick with storm?

Just like to see others oppinions, Thanks for the help

Michael Craig

Hey dude,
seriously who ever told you that needs a kick in the head... well not literally. I'm a stroker and i use storm gear, i have an x-factor, eraser blaze, a trauma response and a storm spareball, and in about a week gettin a reloaded and a power charge pearl. You dont have to have massive revs, though storm balls do hook alot, the speed should be there.

You dont need to be a cranker to use storm gear, anyone can use it. I heard the same thing you did, i got told i didnt have the hand for it. But considering i'm bowling the best i ever have with storm, i dont see the need to change.

Newayz man, my opinion is not to change, to keep bowling with it, you change companies when you feel that its time to try something different.

Later

Oh i forgot to add, storm doesnt make bowling balls just for crankers, its for everyone.

1 prime example is Michael Muir, he uses Storm gear (sponsored by storm to i think) and is a stroker, and he one of the best to come out of WA. He's also in the Australian team....

Just thought i'd add that

Paul Trotter uses a lot of Storm gear (ie. Original Trauma, Tour Power), and he is the most furtherest thing from a cranker Ive ever seen, yet still wins tournaments

Its just a matter of finding the right gear that suits *YOUR* game

If it's working don't change it whatever you do.

I always have a theory on stuff like this.
Someone says to me "nah man, that ball's a load of crap, boat anchor is all that things good for" - Guaranteed I'll dominate the place with it.

Someone says to me, "yeah man that ball's the best thing ever for your shot {a no-hander} you'll carve the place up with that thing" - guaranteed trying to find the pocket is about as hard as trying to find a Tasmanian Tiger walking across the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
The "great ball" ends up being delisted not long after.

Stick with what's proven to work for you.

Somebody once told me the Ebonite Predator I bought was a "Piece of crap" and was a "Boat Anchor", 6 weeks Later he's got one.

"Go Figre"
If it works it works. :wink:

Did the person happen to have an arsenal all made up of balls from another company? :shock:

But seriously look at some of the people with storm who are strokers:

Stephen Cowland bowls strictly storm and he was number 1 all star at presidents shield!

Paul Delaney is a stroker but damn he can still bowl with his Storm equipment.

The key to being a stroker is making your spares and being accurate. 99/100 times is you hit the pocket at a decent angle your not going to leave splits.

Strikes for show...spares for dough (wise words from Cowman's dad)

Back
Top Bottom