STORM and Roto Grip brands to merge sales forces

STORM & ROTO GRIP BRANDS MERGE SALES FORCE
by Roger Noordhoek
STORM and Roto Grip brands to merge sales forces.
August 30, 2006
For Immediate Release, August 30th, Brigham City, UT – Bill Chrisman, CEO and Founder of STORM Products, Inc., announced today that a strategic merger of the STORM and Roto Grip bowling equipment brands is underway.
“The consolidation of our sales, marketing and administrative efforts will better serve our customers and eliminate duplication of efforts within our group,” says Chrisman. “This move will better position STORM and Roto Grip for the future.”
The merger will feature representation of the STORM and Roto Grip brands of bowling equipment in bowling centers and pro shops by one of the most knowledgeable and experienced sales forces in the industry.
“As the Roto Grip brand continues to grow by leaps and bounds, this move doubles the previous amount of field sales representatives available to support and educate the Roto Grip customer base,” notes Hank Boomershine, President of Roto Grip.
Wes Pye, Vice President of Sales for STORM, added, “The merger will help us better define the strategic position of both brands and their products to the pro shop and consumer.”
Even as positive as these changes will be, they come with a downside. “It’s unfortunate we could not keep all of the talented members of both brands, but we hold our former colleagues affected by this change in the highest regard and wish them the best in the future,” explained Pye.

Guys,
Can anyone elaborate as to what this means exactly? Who took over who? Which company has controlling interest in this merger (ahem I mean takeover) :???:
I assume Storm will run the show since they are the bigger company? I'm sure Roto Grip will still have it's own identity though. Perhaps in the near future, both brands will have similar specifications and features? Imagine they started producing fragranced Roto Grip balls?! :rolleyes:

Guys,
Can anyone elaborate as to what this means exactly? Who took over who? Which company has controlling interest in this merger (ahem I mean takeover) :???:
I assume Storm will run the show since they are the bigger company? I'm sure Roto Grip will still have it's own identity though. Perhaps in the near future, both brands will have similar specifications and features? Imagine they started producing fragranced Roto Grip balls?! :rolleyes:

^^ thread bump :flasings:

Can anybody shed some light on my original question? :confused:

This isnt surprising and is reflective of the tight bowling ball manufacturing market out there. Columbia left 6 employees go last week in a reduction and consolidation of work force, Storm has done the same here. Brunswick moved to Mexico, Ebonite and Hammer joined forces along time ago. I predict the smaller companies that exist out there will merge over the next 18 months to reduce unnecessary expenses.

It's not all doom and gloom though, from Columbia's point of view we have come board with the PBA for the upcoming season, we signed Chirs Barnes for a cool million for 10yrs and we have made OTHER significant investments in the future of bowling.

On Track's behalf, losing Del and Dawn Warren from the team was a shock and loss but it seemed to be mutual in the end. Del's a coaching and core guru, his Pure Approach clinics were a hit but were really away from the roles of what a President should do. Del is more hands on and never really got that shot or opportunity. I'm sure Del already has something in the works, he's a true champion of the sport and it wont be long before we see him again.

Columbia is investing alot of time, product and money into Australia next year which I can be certain will lead to a healthier, stronger tournament scene for bowlers. All bowlers who participate in tournaments will benefit from Columbia's commitment. Stay tuned for more big news from Columbia soon :D

Yes, it does appear the Bowling industry is streamlining it resources. Let me see if I have this right. Please let me know if there are other companys who own another brand entity. I find it interesting to see how the market is moving and shaping.

Columbia300 own AMF300, Circle Athletics, and Track

Ebonite owns Hammer

Storm owns Roto Grip

Dyno-Thane is independant but utilises Storm's manufacturing plant???

No Dynothane, and Lane 1 now utilise Columbia's plant. Ex-Dynothane president Phil Cardinale is now working for Columbia300.

No Dynothane, and Lane 1 now utilise Columbia's plant. Ex-Dynothane president Phil Cardinale is now working for Columbia300.

I have since been told that Dyno-Thane has now been taken over by Columbia300. If this is true then look out Woolworths, Coles Myer, and Macquarie Bank; you have some stiff opposition! :shock:

Back
Top Bottom