State Rachuig Meeting

Chook

Just letting Everyone know, that The State Rachuig Meeting will be held at 2pm on the 20th of January at Cross Road Bowl.

Thanks,

Danielle

Good work Danielle. Sometimes it helps to have a big mouth...:eek: See what it can achieve?? just jokes....

Even though I won't be there (I'm quite some time off from Rachuig standard) I hope this meeting can sort a lot of crap out as far as the running of Rachuig goes. It may even be the start of getting some of the BEST bowlers SA has back into the prestigious event Rachuig should be.

Well done to all bowlers who have spoken up and have brought this meeting to a head. Now you all can finally have your say.

Let's just hope a solution can be found for the ailing state of SA Rachuig.

michael,

rachuig has a standard???? i think you should roll off and go to this meeting. more the merrier..

unfortunately i work every saturday and cannot get out of it as i have permanent shifts so i wont be there. god i wish i was. maybe just have to make someone go in my place.

every bowler in the state that has ever represented this state (or any other for that matter) should attend this meeting. this is hopefully gonna b for the betterment of tenpin bowling in SOUTH AUSTRALIA.

god knows this crap has gone on for waaaaaay to long!

i really hope to hearing the positives outta this meeting soon after.

cheers & good luck guys :)
martina

michael,
unfortunately i work every saturday and cannot get out of it as i have permanent shifts so i wont be there. god i wish i was. maybe just have to make someone go in my place.

Who gives a rats if you work Saturdays marty. The meeting is on a Sunday. CYA there then.

Oh, and Michael, Martina is right.

Everybody who try's out for Rachuig or wants to try out in the future should attend if they can. We have people that have said they wont be going, but will agree with whatever is decided.
Thats why we have the problems we have at the moment because of people sitting back over the years & just accepting what they are told is going to happen instead of actually voicing there opinion.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend as I will be in Melbourne taping the Sport Series tournament for the Tenpin Bowling Show. I will, however have some ideas presented on my behalf.

My apologies for not being able to attend, but I am now pursuing this avenue to hopefully promote the sport to the wider community.

chin,

ah my bad, good to see i was with it when i posted the other day.

i work every weekend. saturday and sunday. depending on what my shift is that day i may b able to attend.

i really hope something positive comes outta it.

happy new year all!
marty

Just letting Everyone know, that The State Rachuig Meeting will be held at 2pm on the 20th of January at Cross Road Bowl.

Please don't forget to be there.

A few of us are going out for lunch after the SACUP roll off on sunday if you wish to join us, probably be at a Cafe Buongiorinos.

Lyn has email me today for a agenda, which I have not as yet.

Any thoughts to this people.

I did want to keep it simple for people like me....................

General discussion for all aspects of Rachuig from start to finish.

1. Trials
2. Whats expected once we make the team? Is this ok or not.
3. Costs incurred prior to Rachuig ? eg..pre tournaments, Rachuig itself etc.
4. Coaches and what roles they play?....only needed by those who wish to use them.
5. Training to adapted to players on a individual basis...eg Warm downs, spare shooting , excersices ...beach meets...etc...etc
not necessary for all to do just those wanting to participate....(may not be part of your usual training schedule back home, so why be made to do it there).
6. Unable to attend practise sessions?......not treated like kids , some bowlers have other committments TBA need to realise this.

I would like to see this meeting very informal as a group session to see what the bowlers would like to see happen and TBA to make notes and then put together for entry form release.

If there are other suggestions you would also like to bring up then at the beginning of the meeting maybe make your presence made know, that you have a topic of interest.

Your thoughts please.

cheers

Tony

Just want to point out I did send a copy of this to Lyn today, as well as
Hi Lyn,

I did hand this over to some else to look after, how ever I believe you are the expert in this field so I was hoping you could come up with something.

I really did want to keep this meeting fairly informal as possible. More of a workshop to get all ideas together and hopefully resolve any issues bowlers have to try and get bowlers back to the game and keep the ones we have.

Below is a post on total bowling that I put on, and I have ask others to respond (hopefully), others that can't make it like I think Brenton Davy (so I have heard,might not be the case) might not be there but have transmitted his ideas to be relayed on to the meeting.

I personally have my own thoughts on this and the thought of trying out is still a possibility (although I think this is a game for the young and up and coming bowlers of today). Who knows. I would like to see what others have to say face to face, and hopefully you (the committee) can interpret and do what's best for the state and what the state wants!

I would suggest you emailing her direct if you want other things out of the ordinary mentioned if not bring it up Sunday.

Cheers

Tony

I personally think the meeting went quite well, for those that attended I think quite a bit was discussed and hopefully issues were resolved.

Lyn has taken notes back to the TBAL for discussion and I think certain issue's will tried this year to make a better future for this state.

Meetings like this should happen on a yearly basis to go over past decision to see if things went well or not.

Cheers

Tony

I totally agree with you Tony. This meeting was a good combination of those with a lot of experience as well as those with only a little and some that are hoping to try out this year. I felt the meeting was very constructive and a lot of the issues addressed and hopefully Tenpin SA can work together to get SA back on top in Rachuig or at least make it a positive experience for all.

A debriefing session after each Rachuig is a good idea for bowlers and managers to work out what went well and what didn't

For those who were not able to make it but considering bowling this year, what was discussed, what were the suggestions that may be tried this year?

Jo

Hi Jo,

Long time no see.
Nothing was actually decided as all the suggestions/ideas have to be put to the committee for discussion.
Suggestions put forward were simply what has been talked about on totalbowling.........money, training, coaches roles, mangers roles, team selection (from the trials as well as during Rachuig itself) etc plus the problems a few people have had over the past few years.
One thing i did find strange was that not one person turned up to defend or say they had no problems with the way things have been done lately, I would have thought at least one of the past coaches would have turned up to put their case forward for discussion, does this mean everyone wants changes......I don't know....time will tell how things pan out.

Cheers
Colin
PS....Say hello to Mike for me, won't be there this weekend, the shack is a calling

Back
Top Bottom