Squad Listing for ACT Seniors Cup

Bert

Hi all

With 2 weeks to go until the 2007 ACT Seniors Cup, entries for this event are at a disapointing low level.

To date only 36 of the countries top Senior Bowlers have nominated.

Please, help us to help you by supporting this event. The viability of this tournament for future years is in jeapody if we cannot get the support needed.

Outlined below is the latest Squad Listings. If you have nominated and your name does not appear, you can contact me at the centre on 02 62933888.

Regards

Brett

A Squad
1 Susanne Jack
2 Kevin Blackmore
3 JP Li
4 Maxin Forrest
5 Brenda Kirkwood
6 Ray Krueger
7 Mike Seymour
8 Brien Show-Yin
9 Paul Terry
10 Tony Murray
11 Chris Benson
12 Cheryl Munson
13 Mick May
14 Steve Kiss
15 Graeme Etheridge
16 Laurie Hill
17 Sarah Knowland
18 Fred Leverink
19 Paul Ford

B Squad
1 Barry Morgan
2 Chris Kirwan
3 Mick Poulitsas
4 Josie Adams
5 Jim Roberts
6 Terry Wenban
7 Rod Stewart
8 Sid Ciancio
9 Joe Gatt
10 Alan McKay
11 Ann Kirby
12 Allan Smith
13 Gary Bernardin
14 Vaughan White
15 Chris Webster
16 Barbara Richmond
17 Tony Fruedenstein

You say you are worried about a lack of numbers for this event, Brett, but I wanted to point out something of interest -

The Hammer Seniors Classic in Brisbane had a total of 68 bowlers, 32 of whom travelled to the tournament from interstate or Nth Qld. The remaining spots were taken up by 36 local bowlers.

The Sydney Seniors had a total of 56 entries, 29 of whom travelled from interstate, and 27 local bowlers competed.

As it stands now, approx 32 of the 36 spots in the Canberra event have been taken by interstate bowlers, leaving 4 locals.

I'm not trying to be a wise ass, but it's pretty safe to say that the travelling bowlers are still travelling - the two day formats are a success with those eager to bowl on both days, so I think it is perhaps a little mean spirited to be having a shot at low numbers when basically the entire field is travelling to Canberra to participate. Maybe it is the local bowlers who need some incentive to participate in the event. Perhaps the ACT could incorporate the rolloff for their TBA Seniors Challenge team into the event to boost the numbers? You can make the state team, cash in the process and not have any extra costs associated with having to run another tournament.

Just a suggestion........

Broni;)

Hi Broni

I realise our local numbers are low, and I am endeavouring to contact all those who have bowled in the past to ascertain if they are going to bowl this year.

Please be assured that my post, was in no way an attack on any bowler, but a general plea to all, including the Canberra Seniors.

Whilst we (the centre) want to support a seniors tour, it will be hard to continue to do so if we cannot get adequate numbers.

I am aware that there is a conflicting event in SA that has contributed to virtually no Senior bowlers being able to attend from that State.

Your suggestion about combining the event with roll-offs has a lot of merit, however, it is a decision that will ultimately have to be made by the local organisation.

Regards

Brett

Hi Brett

If numbers are still down for this event,(and we hope that is not the case!) has any thought been given to running one squad only, perhaps with a 1 or 2pm start?

Back
Top Bottom