Spyware software

Towie

The BIG BALD MAN
Can anybody tell me if STOPzilla is worth paying for or if there is a better anti spyware program out there. I am getting sick of trying to clean off spyware and adware off my PC. This has seamed to get it but before I purchase it want to know anything about it. Thanks:confused:

Towie said:
Can anybody tell me if STOPzilla is worth paying for or if there is a better anti spyware program out there. I am getting sick of trying to clean off spyware and adware off my PC. This has seamed to get it but before I purchase it want to know anything about it. Thanks:confused:

No need to buy software which is readily available for free online.

The best two programs which I've been using for years are:

Ad-Aware SE Personal Edition 1.06 (latest version)

Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.4 (latest version)

Both programs are free, easy to use, and easily updated. I run a scan with both once a week and I never have problems.

One option to consider is to install removeable caddies and have one drive purely for gaming/serious work and another onto which you can download anything and everything. You'd probably have to reinstall every month or two but it may be worth the effort if you're plagued that much.

I find zonealarm www.zonelabs.com is a great firewall in blocking out all nasties attacks in junction with a good virus checker. You can download a demo version for free that even though you don't have the full option still does the job. Regarding Lavasoft AD I've seen a issue where it corrupts the tcp/ip stack on a winxp os. Had to remove this software and rebuild the stack again happens sometimes. Also look in www.zdnet.com or www.tucows.com for free software.

Back
Top Bottom