Sports Psychology Course

J

Joel Lovegrove

Hey everyone,

I would like to take this opportunity to extend an invitation to everyone in Victoria to attend a 2 weekend sports psychology course.

This is being presented in conjunction with Victoria University and once successfully completed all participants will receive an offical accrediation from Victoria University.

Also as an added bonus for all National Training Squad Members you will receive RPL for 4 of the psychology modules that need to be completed.

I have attached a copy to this post of a flyer with more details so if you are interested in doing the course, please feel free to contact me.

Joel LOvegrove

Hey,

Sorry guys your right i did forget to put the location on it. The course will be held ad Ed Fleming Lanes.

Joel

Joel, can you tell me why Chris Mesagno isn't the instructor for this course?

I would've figured that it made more sense to have the TBA sports psychology rep and bowler. lead this course, since all the attendees will be bowlers.

Hi Joel

Sounds great just a pity the date clashes with the Ladies Queensland Cup as I'm sure a couple of us would have definitly been interested.

Cheryl

Just realised this post was here...

Joel,

Just a couple of questions...

1. Same as wchester... why am I not the instructor for the course? The answer can't be because I am NOT affiliated with Victoria University (VU), as I am working on my PhD at VU? If you would have asked me to do the course, I probably could have provided the same modules and same accreditation as Dr. Pain.

2. Also, what 4 psychology modules will the National Training Squad Members receive RPL for after completion? This is so I know which workshops I should promote this year.

3. Lastly, what is the point of accreditation if the person doing the course is not going on for further education? It's not like those taking the course can teach sport psychology courses after completion. Right? Isn't it basically the same as attending MY workshops with the simple fact that there is no assessment in my workshops and attendees do not get an accreditation "certificate" saying they attended?

I'm not having a go, just want people to know more about the course, so they can make an educated decision about attending, that's all.

I'd like to know how many people you get in the course. If accreditation is what will boost attendance for my workshops, maybe I'll rally to make my workshops accredited through VU also.

That would be an interesting poll to the Forum: Would you attend MORE sport psychology workshops presented by the TBA Sport Psychology Team if you received accreditation for them?

chris

Back
Top Bottom