Sport Series Final / Caboolture Cup

bfcc

hi all yes we have settled on a date for the final -19TH OCTOBER we are limited to 36 bowlers and are going to bowl 1 squad on the sunday morning across the house(moving 4 lanes).

we are running 2 tournaments in one -

part one - 10 games scratch pinfall (same as all sport series event) overall points will be awarded at the finish of qualifling.

lanes will be washed and oiled between part 1 and part 2

part two - Caboolture Cup 2003

top 14 bowlers will advance to the matchplay
top 2 seeds get a bye into the second round

round 1
seeds 3 to 14 will play a 2 game pinfall elimination (6 winners/6 losers)

round 2
top 2 seeds join the 6 winners from round 1 and play another 2 game elimination (4 winners/ 4 losers)

round 3
semi- final round (top seed will meet the lowest seed ) best of three games matchplay (win 2 games to advance to the final)

round 4
final - best of three games (win 2 games to win the cup)

ok i hope u can all follow that now for the prize fund and entry fee.

entry fee - $75 same as all sport series events (we can thank batesy for his help in keeping the entry fee down)

prizefund (based on 36 bowlers)

1st - $300
2nd - $200 fianl
3rd - $150
4th - $150 semi linal losers
5th - $100
6th - $100
7th - $100
8th - $100 2nd round losers
9th - $85
10th - $85
11th - $85
12th - $85
13th - $85
14th - $85 1st round losers
15th - $35
16th - $35
17th - $35
18th - $35

i hope everyone can understand all that and it should make for a great day of bowling and some interesting matchplay.

allso there will be a bbq going once the qualifling has finished so i hope everyone will hang around have a feed a beer or two :p after the matchplay has finished we will hand out the money for the tournament and the end of year awards.

end of year awards!!
1st -$300
2nd -$200
3rd - bowling ball
4th - bowling ball
5th - bowling ball
sportsman ship award sponsored by northfield carsound

bowling balls sponorsed by -
animals pro-shop (hammer)
brando's pro-shop
track bowling
same as last year the person who finishes 3rd will get 1 st choice of ball then 4th and 5th.

sorry for the long post just wanted to explain things as best i could if you want to now anything about the format please ring me on 3203-6372[/url][/u]

Looks to be a great final, the only bad thing is that it is restricted to 36 bowlers. The seeded elimination format is really working in the states now, its about time we started spicing up the game over here as well.

Good format, good challenging conditions and good fair payout, doesnt get much better than that!

Well done Jeff and Batesy for putting it together. Makes for an interesting final.

G

Ok with only 2 weeks to go till the final of the Sports Series for 2003 combined with the Caboolture Cup, I thought I would bump this back up. With Jeff going around taking down names at the last event and the final being restricted to 36 entries, all wanting to bowl better get in quick! Its going to be a great day with end of series presentations and a BBQ. Who knows....George might even be up for a few sodas. :wink: I'm sure Jeff will post numbers soon and more details if needed. See you all on the 19th.

Hi Jeff,
Put my name down mate, but if it fills up and any bowlers that have bowled in more of them than i have want to get in I will gladly let them have my spot mate.

I think i meant to say that if a half decent bowler wants my spot they can, but otherwise i'll bowl!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks mate,
Ronnie

ok thanks ron , we have 25 names so far are limited to 36 so get in quick if u want to bowl.

Hey Jeff, Kristy Sullivan here, if there's spots in the final left, can you put my name down, and let my know wednesday night whats happening. Ta

thanks kristy see u sunday, just to let everyone now we have 26 bowlers so far so anyone wanting to bowl please book in as we are limited to 36 bowlers.

i will post a squad listing shortly and the pattern for the final. :twisted: :twisted:

I know we told you a while ago, but are reconfirming - please put me and Jag down as well.
thannx

Broni

Back
Top Bottom