Sport can be cruel

Cam S

BEEEEEEEEEAVER
Im not much a of a American football fan.
But i have read during the season how the New England Pairots had gone the whole season undefeated and were on target to be only the 2nd team ever to have a perfect seaons.

The New York Giants on the other hand started their season slow and only just made the play offs to make their way to the superbowl.

I had the tv on in the back ground and had the occasional look today only to see the seasons perfect team lose the super bowl with 35 seconds to go in the final quarter 17- 14.

Thats gotta hurt.

Kinda reminds me of Darren Alberts try in 97 ARL grand final :(

New York Giants defence was superb so Pairots quarter back Tom Brady had work to do. but came up short. It was 32 yard pass by Manning in the last minute of the game to come with in 15 yards of winning the Superbowl which ended by a throw from Manning to get the touch down. Good Game otherwise.
New York became the 2nd Wild Card Team to win the SuperBowl. 3 Lead changes in 4th quarter to be a SuperBowl Record and 11 catches by New England Pairots Wilker ( i think thats how's it spelled) to make another SuperBowl record.

New York Giants defence was superb so Pairots quarter back Tom Brady had work to do. but came up short. It was 32 yard pass by Manning in the last minute of the game to come with in 15 yards of winning the Superbowl which ended by a throw from Manning to get the touch down. Good Game otherwise.
New York became the 2nd Wild Card Team to win the SuperBowl. 3 Lead changes in 4th quarter to be a SuperBowl Record and 11 catches by New England Pairots Wilker ( i think thats how's it spelled) to make another SuperBowl record.

watch the whole game, giants had to play the best game of the history of the team to win, i think they showed that today, i think the pairots could have played so much better...

looks like they came out and said we will win it easy. they were wrong...

i did watch the whole game Giants defended really well. I will agree pairots could of played alot better.

Being an american football fan myself (along with bowling) I watched every game the Patriots played this season.
What they showed in today's Super Bowl was similar to what they did all season. Problem was though they didn't execute them well enough.
Apparently the whole of america wanted the patriots to win just so they could make history as only the 2nd team to have a perfect season. The Miami Dolphins had a perfect '72 season.
The bottom line is that the Patriots weren't good enough on the day and the Giants were on a roll. They had won their past 10 away games so travelling to Arizona for the Super Bowl didn't seem like a too big task.
Yes it's a cruel way for the patriots to end the season but hey? There's always next year like any other sport!

Just goes to show winning all the games in the season mean nothing...

... when you cant win the final.

But it happens alot.. best to lose a few on the way i rekon :p

What the hell is a Pairot? Is that a Parrot or a Pirate? ahoy :rolleyes:
hahahaha

i spent some time with hammer on the weekend
its destroyed my spelling skills ;)

Actually when i saw you had posted in this thread i expected a jibe about the darren albert try :p

hahahaha
i spent some time with hammer on the weekend
its destroyed my spelling skills ;)
Actually when i saw you had posted in this thread i expected a jibe about the darren albert try :p

Well it must be contagious, because 2 or 3 others spelt it the same way. :)

And I know you guys are still hurting about that try... no need for me to rub salt into the wounds. :violin:

I'm one of the biggest fans of New England Patriots you'll find in Australia, so I'm obviously very disappointed with the result. I'm still proud of what was a superb season whcih consisted of 18 straight wins to make the Superbowl.

Before people call Patriots a bunch of chokers, consider this. Despite not playing their best, Patriots looked like they had it in the bag until that miracle breakaway from Eli Manning and the freakish completed pass by David Tyree on the top of his helmet. That play turned the game late in the 4th quarter. NY Giants however, showed a ton of guts and full credit goes to them for claiming the title. They truly earned it after overcoming extremely tough playoff wins on the road agaist Tampa Bay, Dallas, and Green Bay on their way to the Superbowl.

PS. Hey Mul, I love your Seattle Seahawks bowling ball. I have a Patriots one just like it.

You do realise sarcasm is dangerous in this sport Paul!!! ;) :p
Look both ways before posting in a thread! LOL! :D
Nice call though buddy!
Rhyss.

I'd have thought the :rolleyes: would have been a dead give away...

I'll definitely seek out a boy scout before crossing that road again ;)

:D

Back
Top Bottom