South Qld Rachuig

well i might actually pull my finger out of my arse and send in my nomination. forgot it was so soon. All filled out just sitting on my desk at home...

come on SQ get those nominations in...

SQ Rachuig nominations

Andrew,

Just wondering if you have received any nominations and if you have how many.

thankyou
kirstie

PS. My father is handing mine to you on the weekend at the state meeting.

Hi Kirstie I was in the office when the mail arrived today. There were no Rachuig nominations. To date the grand total still stands at nil. So you may well be bowling with drafted imports!

As per usual Queenslanders leave it to the last minute. Maybe this years cost has put some people off?? I'll be putting in my nomination Friday and would hope a few more bowlers do as well.

So one has to stick it to the Victorians in their home state, it might as well be us :D

George just knowing that they could be bowling alongside someone of your skill, dedication, ability and foresight will no doubt turn this situation around.

:idea: The mens trophy is as good as won. :idea:

Another Reason

Another Reason that some bowlers mya not be putting their forms is cause they dont want to travel to Rocky for the State Champs.

Heard this one from a few people.

Would be a real sad day if QLD has to rely on Drafting people for Rachuig. :cry: :cry:

i only found out about it on tue night when george mentioned it to me. cant try out for the team because of late notice. If there arnt enough entries, would there be any chance of changeing the dates?

Can't answer that as several other people would have to be involved in a decision of that nature.
What I would like to see (if there are not enough nominations) is the committee sitting down with those people that do nominate.
I believe if they take the trouble to get their entries in they should at least be involved in any decision making process should there be less than 7 nominations.

looks like people are actually getting the behinds into gear. dropped my nomination in at about 2 today and there where 6 men nominations including mine. So it lookslike with 3 more days till close the men will be fine. But the women only had 1. So come on SQ ladies lets support our great state and get those nominations in. Would hate to see SQ womens team with 90% draftees.

it that shame to hear that some of them wont do it, well i am woman would love to bowl for qld this year but i am not feeling good at the moment i need to catch up on my bowling from absent so i just started bowl this year i might join in next year but who cares, would love to see qld to win, CMON SQ. i wish u all good luck keep strong mind and create on bowling.

I tend to agree with Andrew C about costs.
Bowling at this level is expensive. Throw in travel, bowling and accommodation costs of going to Rocky, bowling on conditions so far removed from Forest Hill's and for what reason, cost of bowling in your area champs and for what reason, coughing up another $1000 to $1200 for the privilege of staying with the team in Melbourne, throw in travel costs and sundries to get there and back and I think most would agree that this could be a considered reason why few are nominating - unless you are well heeled. The eligibility rules may be ruining this event.

Same goes for De Veer.

My thoughts

Cheers :lol:

Feral

Here is the line-up for the Rachuig Roll-off.

Female:
Tracey Crisp
Kristina Campbell
Kirstie Mills
Veronica McGregor
Bobbie-Lee Kirwin
Kellie Hart
Rebecca Simpson
Kate Wilton

Male:
Stephen Batten
Shayne Melton
Darryl Alford
Jason Pearson
Morty Douglass
David Turnage
Brian Pilkington
Mark Lawton
Ian Renfrey
Darren Suna
George Frilingos

There was discussion regarding changing the roll-off to a single weekend (due to the small number of competitors), however as this is a sanctioned event that was not possible.
The Rachuig Co-ordinator for this year is Glenda Barry.
Mens Coach is Gail Torrens and the Womens Manager is Don Lindsay. A Coach has not yet been appointed for the Womens team, and a Manager is yet to be appointed for the Men.
Good luck to all those rolling-off at Ipswich and Milton.

Back
Top Bottom