Site Downtime

Graham

Staff member
25/1/05 2:05pm Brisbane time - we are currently being hammered by the Santy.A worm. This worm searches and attacks previous versions of our forum system. Even though we have updated our software, the worm is still attacking the server at a fairly fast rate. We have tried a block but unfortunately it is still generating massive amounts of traffic whilst the forum is online, obviously trying to get in on the previous security issue (which is now fixed and secure). It is not only our server that is getting hit, there are many MANY other servers out there running this particular server software which is experiencing this same problem.

At this stage there is no ETA for return, as really it is completely out of our control. Please keep checking back, we will attempt to get things back online ASAP.

25/1/05 4:30pm Brisbane time - we have found a solution that appears to be working to beat this worm, and the last hour we have seen the amount of traffic drop back to normal levels. We will continue to monitor this situation.

I thought something was up with it Graham, it was all dead and coming up with error messages everywhere on the odd occasion.
Good luck with it :wink:

Phew.

I got a message that my account had been suspended. That would've been the quickest banning I ever had from any forum.

All the errors would have been me moving files around trying to reduce loads on the server. Not sure why you would have an account suspended message pop up, but if all is good now then it must have been a glitch :)

Mate, everything is fine now. I'm just glad I have finally found a bowling forum in Australia that is active. Timing couldn't have been better either as I'm looking to return to the sport after 4 years away and I'm finding some of the information on your wonderful site very helpful.

Back
Top Bottom