Sheild Oiling Pattern

B

Blackman

Does anyone kno the oiling pattern for Sheild this yr?
I am just wondering as i have been to the TBA website and hav found nothing.
Other yrs the oil pattern has been up for veiwing.

My belief is that they are going to be running a reverse block.
But i am not sure if this is going to happen.
The reason i say they MIGHT put a reverse block on is because many competitons lately EXAMPLE Youth had a reverse block layed down.

Does Anyone know what the oil pattern for Presidents Sheild gonna be :?:

It won't be a reverse block, and if they even though about doing it, they would be smoking crack!!!! It's quite simple really, especially for presidents shield. People want to see good bowling if there going to be around for that much of the day. President's Shield is a spectator sport aswell as a competitors sport. The easiest way to attract crowds is big scores, and the easiest way to attain big scores is high scoring lanes.

Sure a 3:1 pattern is one thing, but a reverse block? I don't think so!!!

I'm not saying it has to be as easy as Illawarra by any means, but scores have got to be big and thats not just my oppinion.

I'm not really fussed with what sort of condition they put down. Of course it would be nice if they were easy but if they're hard then that's alright to. Personally I'm ready for anything they put down.

Peace
Chris

Oil Patterns

Hmmm this is a toughy, because even though 10pin is a spectator sport, it would be nice to have a challenging condition to see who is the better at reading and adjusting their line and shot. Personally i think a reverse block would be absolute fun to bowl on, even with the low scores you can sit back and laugh at yourself because sheild isnt about WINNING.... its about HAVING FUN and ENJOYING the sport because you love it soo much.

Who knows what the condition will be... and although its great to be watching high scores for a spectator... tough conditions are great to watch too.. seeing everyone brought back down to earth and really have to throw the ball well to get the good scores will make the competition really interesting. It would be good to see those who can hold there own when they're not getting at least 5 - 6 stirkes a game.

But.. even if it is a ditch it'll still be fun!
Can't wait.. see ya all there! :)

Blackman said:
The reason i say they MIGHT put a reverse block on is because many competitons lately EXAMPLE Youth had a reverse block layed down.

By that do you mean that they have been laying down reverse blocks in the recent youth competitions?

Blackman said:
Does Anyone know what the oil pattern for Presidents Sheild gonna be :?:

No one knows that the condition for nationals is going to be yet and if someone does then they haven't told anyone. Let's hope it's challenging without being stupid. Let's hope it playable without being stupid.

Later Da Cowman!

A reverse block is a lane condition in which the inside portion of the lane is covered with less conditioner than the outside.

Back
Top Bottom