SECRETS TO BOWLING A 300

Stroker

Tonight I bowled my highest game (298). This is the second time that I have been bowling for that elusive 300 game without success.

Prior to my first time I was given some advice to move a couple of boards to the right (I'm a lefty) to allow for tightness. This resulted in a not so happy ending...

Tonight I didn't adjust, but pulled the shot slightly :(

I know that there are a number of you that have bowled that 'perfect game', and would like to hear how you prepare for that final ball.

Cheers,

Shane.

my high game is also 298, did it this year(i choked and left the 6-7 lol)

all what i can think of it staying calm and dont rush the shot i think its something no one can tell you how to do it, its something you have gotta do yourself...

thats what i think anyway

Brett

Seriously I am no expert, but if you have done something that has been successful 11 times then why change it on the last shot.

Bowling is about routines and repetition, so once you are in the groove and bowling good shots then just repeat that over and over.

Just take a deep breath before you step up on the approach, keep your head down and trust the shot and you can't go too far wrong, just make the best shot you can possibly make.

But like I say this is just my opinion, but this is coming from a guy who once he starts a game with the front 4 won't look at the score sheet in any way shape or form until I stop striking. Some people may think it's stupid, but it is something that has worked for me.

Best of luck and hope you achieve your 300.

Cheers

Steve :D

300 games.......... my look on them is 99% luck and 1% on to be thair in the center at the right time and place =p all depends on the cary and what u are doing at the time i have thrown manny 298s 297 296 292 dont ask bout the 292 but in as well have thrown manny 300s but what i think it is just if u have the luck to cary on the night and if u have the right frame of mind on that last shot. if u want tips thair is none just be confident in your shots and be confident in your self and u one day will be successful in throwing a 300 game

And i gess i did give u a tip as well lol!

good luck
potter

THe key to succeeding in throwing a 300, or indeed in any pressure situation is to know how you react psychologically and physiologically to the situation. I know from personal experience that in that situation I get an increased adrenaline level which causes me to throw the ball 1 to 1.5 kmh faster than normal. Unfortunately this can only be learned from experience. If you note what you do every time you are in a pressure situation, then it gives you a clue as to what adjustments you need to make to compensate.

As a side note, the suggestion to move right under pressure in case you pull the shot, might just have the adverse effect because you might be thinking "I am further right now so I have to hook the ball more ". As a result you probably pull the ball even more. A move to the left would take that pressure off. Just a thought, it works for me, but might not for you. As I said before, it all boils down to how your body and mind react to the situation and everyone is different.

Take as much time as you need in the players area before you step up for that 12th shot mate.... and when you are on the approach, don't think about all the things that can happen... just do it! you've thrown the first 11 already so just relax and let your body take over! Don't necessarily have to make any adjustments unless ur last couple of shots wasn't quite a perfect pocket.
R

i have thrown 16 300s and the secret to my success is simple i always move 2 boards right an an inch back,

out of the the last 10 i have had 2 x 299 in there too

My best tip: Back yourself in.

I know I didn't at my first attempt and left a 10pin.
If you have faith in yourself, there is no reason why you can't execute the same shot again.

Don't mentally make the 12th shot in a game any more special then the previous shots. Its just a strike afterall...

I've thrown 2 300s and going up for my last shot on both occasions I was very nervous and a bit shaky which can lead to timing being thrown out, not lifting, tugging the ball left and not following through. Going for my last shot I simply took a deep breath and concentrated on the basics.

Thank you for your advice guys. Although there are some diverse opinions, I think the main consensus is to trust my shot. With a little luck and more practice - who knows...

Cheers,

Shane.

I got to agree with what steve said and with every one i've thrown i still get nervous. I find with those who get in this situation tend to want to rush and get their final shot over and done with.

My routine is to focus on what i try to do every frame , take a deep breathe and tell my self that i've thrown 1000 strikes this is just 1001.

Good luck stroker

hammo

Back
Top Bottom