Scoreability - Rate your centre

yes i also have to agree with greig that norwood is a 8/10 it is like any centre u find your line you will bowl well last year i was averaging 200+ at norwood now im down to 190 but hey im not complaining here are just a few scores from there last night outta 32 bowlers 20 200+ games were bowled and 3 600's and im not talking about just 600 im talking 658, 648 and 640 as well as quite a few 590's its all about hitting ur target i have always been told u wanna strike u gotta hit ya target u hit that and the pins fall down (funny that) now everyone is going on there own expirences at there different centres but really have a look at the average for the whole centre then u will know what sort of centre it is unfortunatly i dont know it for norwood maybe i can find out and get back to ya all! but the best thing to do is just bowl to the condition that is set down dont complain about it that will only effect u no one else cos while u are worrying about the condition someone else is bowling to that condition and kicking your ass...
so xballs maybe you should stop complaining to renzo and bowl to the condition that is out there on the lanes im sure u would become a better bowler (if we knew who u were)

just my opinion
mel

i bowl at Morwell about 3 times a week and i'd have to say they are very hard lanes but there are always high games shot. Its a dry centre so i think that i'd give the lanes a 7/10. They are alright

hey

here is a novel approach,

how about instead of everyone talking about how great their centre is just cause they have a kegel (just on that, does this mean that anywhere that has a phoenix or lanewalker is instanly a great centre?? and before anyone says that they aren't kegel machines, look into it before you look stupid), how about people discuss how consistant that their centre is from week to week?????????

may sound crazy, but in this game you need consistantly steady conditions, not that you average 230 in your home centre just cause they put a pattern down with a kegel, but you go to another centre and cant hit a thing and complain about their centre being crap and inconsistant. think about it.

look for consistancey, not just for so called high scores.

roy boy

Hi Mel
I rarely get my Ass kicked by anyone & when I do I will always congratulate my opponent (as we both have the same conditions). Renzo is also one of the nicest people in Ten Pin Bowling Australia & I have always looked up to him. I am disappointed with the Norwood Bowl in general as I think it should the best bowling center in South Australia. The problem is the they have put the Synthetic Lanes in; which are great, but they are not using the best equipment to get the best of the lanes. AMF in there great wisdom told Renzo that the recently painted center which looked excellent (I think they spent almost $20,000 + on it) to be painted over with some bizarre color scheme. There is no good seating for anyone who wants to come along & watch. The players area is useless, what sort of moron is designing this. I think its is fare to say about 18 months ago Norwood Bowl was about 9.5 out for 10 – which is what I am comparing it to. Now it would be about 6 out of 10. Other bowlers in the Center would also agree with me & most of their averages are around 200. Even if you ask players of all averages & who are there just to have fun & I am shore most would agree that the center has gone Backwards.

xballs
:D :p :D :p :D :p :evil: :x :evil: :x :evil: :twisted: :twisted:

Richlands Bowl - 9/10

Pretty easy lanes to bowl on, dry outside and wet inside, gives you about 10 boards to work in. Nice, consistant carry.

Blacktown Bowl - 5/10

I found the oil pattern to be slightly patchy and the carry was very poor. Maybe I am just saying that because Queensland got hammerd in ECCC but :D

Boronia 9/10

As to boronia being a ditch it competes against knox being 5 mins down the road and mooroolbark and forest hill being 15mins down the road, and still boronia has the 2nd highest amount of league bowlers in the state, so obviously its a good centre

AMF Blacktown

Is the ultimate bowling centre with the most consistent lane conditions. Can be very high scoring if you use your bowling skills.

We also hosted the "Best Ever" East Coast Cup...........
also scoring at the recent Western Open is a good indication.

so is boronia a ditch or dry cant be both.
used to bowl at morley lanes were always dry but was always a shot there 6/10
moved to mirrabooka now there was a bowl more machine stops than any other bowl that i have bowled at. mirrabooka has long gone.lanes 7/10 machines 3/10
bowled at superbowl osb pk also gone lanes there were reasonably consistent with a good shot 7/10

then went south to rockingham patchy lanes but also a reasonable shot had to be accurate. 6.5/10

cannington another desert but usually a shot can be found 6.5/10

ke;mscott a consistent shot heard that they are using a 3 to 1 ratio pattern and have a first kegel in wa solid back ends 7.5/10

albany not bad not as dry as cannington or morley 6/10
bunbury ok a reasonable shot fairly consistent 6.5/10

craigie not bad synthetics good approaches and a reasonable shot 7/10

warwick newer centre well laid out lanes not bad can generally find a shot 7/10

rosemount 8 lanes cozy little centre cozy 7.5/10 lanes 6/10

havent bowled at city since getting their kegel always have to wear a sock on sliding shoe approaches slow and sometimes a bit sticky 7/10
so there you go did not rate geraldton or kalgoorlie leave them to others.
western australian bowlers over to you

AMF Northcote
The one word that best describes the lanes is DRY!!!
For those who don't know Northcote the house is divided in 2 with the proshop between lanes 1-10 and 11-30.
Lanes 11-30, the league side of the house, are dry and often its impossible find 2 pairs that play the same. There are even nights when you can't find a pair of lanes where both lanes play the same.
The good thing about Northcote is that there is a nice backend and the carry is pretty good with a decent mix more often than not taking out the corner pins.
Overall 6.5 out of 10.

AMF Highpoint
The lanes are synthetic and the best way to describe them is patchy. The backends usually start halfway down the lane or are non existent and its not unusual for the lanes to not be oiled at all before our league.
The carry is decent but its so hard to keep the ball in the pocket that it ends up being irrelevant.
I only bowl here on a Sunday night so that may not be the best indication of what the lanes are truly like but as far as sundays are concerned i stick by this assessment.
Overall 4 out of 10

Ed Fleming Lanes (Mooroolbark)
Everyone should have heard about these lanes by now.
I reckon they are extremely consistent with a good hold area if you happen to pull you shot off target.
As people have been saying though the hardest part is kicking out those corner pins but that still doesn't stop it from being one of the highest scroing centres i know of.
Overall 9 out of 10.

Well thats it for centers i bowl at.
It would be good to see these kind of reviews for more centres.
Cheers People.

Back
Top Bottom