Scoreability - Rate your centre

GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
I'll start things off

my home centre is Caboolture and I give it 9/10.

It not because it's super easy, its because they have a Kegle, put out decent amount of oil every week, allow all types of bowlers to have a decent shot without forcing it down the lane. The kickbacks and pindecks are condusive mixing pins around and the pins are well worn in and fall accordingly.

How's your local centre rank?

Hey, These are the centres i have bowled at in the last month

Fairlanes City - 9.5/10. Mainly coz since Fairlanes got a Kegel the lanes have been absolutely brilliant and sometimes very challenging!! Not to mention the 3 300's in the last month or so. And with the upcoming Gold Cup, should be even better!

Cannington - 6/10. Lately it seems as if there has been little/no oil on the lanes, making my ball hook like a bitch! Other than that the synthetic lanes rock, but could do with alot more oil.

Warwick - 6/10. Its pretty dry here too. Not as dry as Cannington, but dry none the less. Although its a decent centre, as Cannington could do with some oil.

Newayz thats what i think of those three centres but someone might have a different opinion.

Later

Illawarra strike zone has to be 10/10

24 lanes-you can get a lane when ever you like
They service the lanes every day
The pro shop is very helpful at any time
The staff are very friendly
It's a great atmosphere all the time

(no I don't work there)

scallop i thikn George meant how do the lanes score!

Personally i think strikezone can score differently on any occasion, it all depends on the pattern set out of course.

Scouts come flying every once in a while!

p.s who are you scallop

BTW rating anywhere from 1 to 10/10
Depends on the condition!

These are the centres I bowled recently.

Ed Fleming Lanes - 8/10
The lane condition layed out is pretty easy. Most lanes I have bowled during league are consistent except for lane 13/14. My avg there has increase by 20pins in the current season. Pity they don't try a more difficult pattern.

Boronia - 4/10
Lanes during league for every week is NEVER the same or even slightly the same. Most time it is dry with a lot of carrydown and no backend. On a rarity you get oil. I have experienced once during tournament there where when they do put down oil the condition is very good. Pity they don't put enough oil during league or clean the lanes properly.

Moorabbin - 6.5/10
On weekends - don't even bother to bowl after noon. There ain't any oil left to worth bowling there. Ultra dry - plastic ball hooks >15boards. During tournament the condition is okay.

Would be interesting to see what Mentone will be like with synthetic lanes soon.

Cheers
Vi

These are just my opinions nothing more.

Kedron:

6.5/10.... Kedron can be a good scoring condition but it has its moments. Just depends on which way the coin lands i spose you could say. If you find a good shot it can be great, if not....

Redcliffe:

8/10.... I am sure a lot of people will disagree with this but if you get the line you will get the results here most times, consistantly. It's been a lot better lately.

Aspley:

7/10.... I don't bowl here on a permanent basis anymore, but still do occasionly. Nice consistant shot and fairly good carry generally. Sometimes it can be a little difficult to score here.

Just how I see them. They vary at different times but they are all ok. Others will have different opinons.

Vi...Boronia? Dry with lots of carry down and no backend. Never bowled there but thats an interesting mix.

I bowl league in 2 centres, Village and Norwood.

Village.....has been the highest scoring centre in Adelaide for some time. Usually losts of oil on Guardian surface. 9/10

Norwood.....synthetic lanes, good outside shot. Could do with a longer oil pattern, but lately has been quite consistent. 8/10

Greig

Currajong Super Bowl (Townsville)

8/10

Usually consistant pattern put down, that suits most players. The pins can be a bit hard to knock over at times (maybe just my lack of revs). Overall a fairly honest centre, where the most accurate bowler wins most of the time. It's had 10 - 300's in the last 7 years which isn't too bad for lanes oiled by a century, and which are the best part of 15-20 years old.

Kirwan Bowl (Townsville)

2 - 7/10

This is what you would call a Jekyll and Hyde Centre. The condition they put down for the Rachuig Roll-off was nothing short of a disgrace, and should have seen staff hung drawn and quartered. However for our last State Team practice they put down a good/fair condition that was suitable for all players whether they broke the ball 2 boards or 20 boards.

Burdekin Bowl (Ayr)

7/10

Good centre if you are someone that likes to swing the ball out to the edge and bring it back, can be a bit tough for straight up and down players. Once again like Currajong accuracy is highly rewarded and is one reason why Brandon Q won the recent Burdekin Open. It does see an unusually high amount of corner pins left on both the left and right hand sides. But for low rev/hook players can be fun to bowl in as the backends are HHHUUUUGGGGEE!!!!!! Gives you an idea of what it would be like to bowl like Michael Little, Belmo, Brando and the like.

Cheers

Tubby

My home lanes are:

Tamworth - 8/10

I have bowled elsewhere but not enough to rate them. My lanes are good for me, but i think they are fairly tough since they have been in business about 30 years i think and still there hasnt been a 300 game bowled on them yet

290 has been done twice.

The lanes are probably classed as medium oil.

i would like to say that boronia and Mooroolbark are both ditches

boronia scorability is 9.5/10

Mooroolbark is 6/10 only due to the fact that it hard to kick out the corners

And as for boronia being dry, we have bowlers complaining that there is too much oil on the lanes most coming from bowlers in his team on a tuesday night. I have been bowling there since it opened and i have never moved more than 2 boards in that time so i would have to say that the lanes r pretty consistent and i have only missed 600 twice this season and averaging 216
:D

Greig
Dont no how anyone can give Norwood a 8/10 at the moment.
I place must be the hardest lanes in SA. I think its about time they put someone in charge who will get it the same week in & week out. I have been complaining to Renzo for years about their consistancy with still no real change. Maybe thats why their league number are down.( so are most averages)

Village is far they best centre I would give 9/10 , Woodville bowl would probally be up there as well.

Scoring wise, Moonah would stack up reasonably well at around 7/10, which is a little surprising given its current state.

There are presently seven bowlers over the card in the centre (Radcliffe 212, Lucock 210, Cramond 207, Oakley 207, Phillips 207, Tilla 206, Gourlay 200 being the highest averages in the centre at present) and all of these players have widely differing shots.

Much of the good scoring would be down to the fact that the lanes are very old maple (40+ years) and a decent track has been worn in by now, although it has a habit of being rather inconsistant from day to day, game to game, frame to frame, pair to pair.

If you know how to get the nails out of the shoes and move you might find a very good shot.

Carry is the most difficult aspect to playing there, hence why 300's are still comparitivly rare (It has 11 in 41 years) you can leave some very strange things at times and, the corner pins on some days will absolutely not fall, EVER.

It would rate an 8 or 9 if the lacquer on the lanes were still intact, because if it were, given the new balls coming out on the market every year, the scoring rates would naturally continue to increase rapidly every year, lacquer or no lacquer.
A wide range of equipment is a good idea in this centre as it has the habit of being a very changeable environment upon which to bowl.

Norwood

xballs, Norwood is far from the hardest centre in Adelaide.

I can only comment as I find. I only bowl league at 2 centres, Norwood and Village and my average is about the same in both places.

I know Norwood does struggle for consistency but you are never going to get the same conditions week in, week out anywhere, including Village (but they are more consistent than Norwood).

In Nov,02 (alright its awhile ago now) I shot 240 average for 5 in the SA Police & Fires Games at Norwood. Recently I have shot a 286 and 279 (not my best games at Norwood either).

As I said, I can only speak as I find and I find a pretty good consistent outside shot at Norwood. It is certainly not the hardest centre.

Just my opinion of course.

Greig.

Resurrection said:
i would like to say that boronia and Mooroolbark are both ditches

boronia scorability is 9.5/10

Mooroolbark is 6/10 only due to the fact that it hard to kick out the corners

:D

One sentence you say its a ditch then you say its tough cos you cant kick out the corners. Think you have to make up your mind there. On previous experiences, Id say Mooroolbark would have to be up there as one of the highest scoring centres in Australia. Not saying that's a good or bad thing - just making a statement :)

i bowl league weekly at milton and i would give it a 7/10

generally its pretty good especially in the last couple wks as they have been putting the same oil pattern down each and every wk..........before that though we had 300s and low scores being bowled all over the place..........its defiantly more consistent and scoring has been a lot better lately

i havent really bowled anywhere else lately except blacktown, nsw for eccc :lol:

i have to say there was sum grat bowling there.....and some not so great hehe.............for me i found it to have improved greatly since i bowled league there in 2001 wen they first got the synthetic lanes.........the scorability for me was pretty high and consistent even though it lacked badly in any sort of pin action..........id give it about a 8/10

Mooralbark

Resurrection, if Mooralbark is 6 and Boronia 9.5 please let me bowl at Boronia. :D

I've gotta agree with Graham, Mooralbark is one of the highest scoring centre in the country. :D

Just have a look at the scores in the seniors melbourne cup and other events there. :lol:

Yes, you can stick a cold 7 or 10, but name a centre that doesnt happen at. :shock:

I've just come back from Kedron, everyone there (ATBSO Nationals and Interstate Challenge) left heaps of corners. :? :? :?

Greig

I don't think we have any really hard centres, have to agree with ya on norwood greig, pretty easy there , same with most of the others.

tony

0X orang ten pin bowl 10/10

:2gunfire: i live in bathurst but because of a miss hape with the bathurst ten pin bowl owner i don't like to go there so i went to orange ten pin bowl and there the most open hearted poeple in the entire world like aldo and jason belmonte there laways willing to hear your questions and coments and are always happy go lucky about every thing and they make you feel very, very good and they have help me so much with my bowling because i would never be where i am with my bowling now if i hadn't come to this bowling centre and jason brown and david rossa have gotten most of the kinks out of my game so i'm going to upgrade my score and give orange ten pin bowl 100/10. =D> =D> =D>

yes i also have to agree with greig that norwood is a 8/10 it is like any centre u find your line you will bowl well last year i was averaging 200+ at norwood now im down to 190 but hey im not complaining here are just a few scores from there last night outta 32 bowlers 20 200+ games were bowled and 3 600's and im not talking about just 600 im talking 658, 648 and 640 as well as quite a few 590's its all about hitting ur target i have always been told u wanna strike u gotta hit ya target u hit that and the pins fall down (funny that) now everyone is going on there own expirences at there different centres but really have a look at the average for the whole centre then u will know what sort of centre it is unfortunatly i dont know it for norwood maybe i can find out and get back to ya all! but the best thing to do is just bowl to the condition that is set down dont complain about it that will only effect u no one else cos while u are worrying about the condition someone else is bowling to that condition and kicking your ass...
so xballs maybe you should stop complaining to renzo and bowl to the condition that is out there on the lanes im sure u would become a better bowler (if we knew who u were)

just my opinion
mel

Back
Top Bottom