SA CUP format!

Thankyou Graham & Tony for those clarifications.

All that needs to happen now is an updated entry form to be posted for everyone to download - when we know the final payout details. This we won't know until all the sponsorship details are finalised.

It's a shame I can't make it to this tournament, as I am sure it's going to be a huge success. I see the current payout is based on 80 entries, perhaps the prize fund from any extra entries could go to the matchplay payouts as well.

I am looking forward to bowling in the MTC, NSW and SPC later in the year, and I am eagerly anticipating the formats AMF will come up with for the last 2 Super 6 tournaments.

David.

BTW IMHO SPC last year was a raging success, no changes needed there. NSW wasn't quite the same success, so could possibly be a candidate for a new format. But then, that's just my opinion.

The format looks like a great idea, and a good way to boost support and excitment in Australian Tournament bowling, which doesn't have much in the way of spectator appeal here, perhaps this is a good first step to remedying that.

I was wondering, Is AMF going to be adopting this format for the whole Super 6 tour, or is this goin to be a one off?

I am very interested in how the rankings points are going to be distributed for this event. I assume it will be after qualifying?

Obviously it is up to the TBA, but I would imagine it would be after qualifying. (I could be wrong though so don't quote me on this)

Looks like changes have been made to the National Rankings System for 2005. This is from TBA :

Please note that clause 3.20 of the 2005 Ranking System Information covers the situation where bowlers are eliminted from a tournament final at the same time. This has been included to cover the scenario like the Australian Masters where, up until this year, we ran this under a double elimination method. The 2004 Austrlaian Junior Masters was run under a method very similar to the 2005 SA Cup and due to it's success and postive reaction we will now run the 2005 Junior, Adult and Adult Restricted Cup finals in the same format.

FYI, Clause 3.20:
If a tournament has a double elimination final, groups of bowlers will be eliminated at the same time. Ranking points will be allocated based on the current average in that tournament of the bowlers in the group that are eliminated.

Back
Top Bottom