Rumours of Super 6 (maybe 7) coming to Perth?

Stax

Can anybody please confirm or positively deny this claim. I have heard from an inside source that Cannington Lanes has the dates booked.
It does not show on any Calender that I have seen.
Anybody at Cannington help out on this?

Stax

Stax,

I guess I will be the one ..

Super Seven was bandied around I think before the Sydney Cup. After Sydney Cup was canned, they decided to drop that tournament from the calendar and revert to the "Super Six".

Perth was given a Super Six tourney (contrary to one of my earlier posts saying it wasn't going to happen). It was very 11th hour, so much so that they AMF Calendar went to print with the Sydney Cup "confirmed".

The dates are unconfirmed at this stage, as all events besides the SA Cup (which the entry form is coming out this week) and the Australian Open having to have the dates reconsidered due to clashes.

As soon as anything is confirmed I will post more, but YES - the Cannington Cup appears to be a goer in 2003.

Hey Stax,

When it comes to anything to do with Cannington Lanes, give Shane a call at the bowl. He knows whats going on, the boy is doing a great job out there and if Im right ( correct me if Im wrong ) he had alot to do with securing the Super Series event at Cannington.....

Ph: 9451 7333
Fax: 9451 7650

Clinton :p

The Western Australian Open would be a better title name than the Cannington Cup.

The WA Open died after the 1997 Nationals and it would be great to have that back on the circuit.

WA Open for a Super Six would be great.

Shocked & Pleased

Still surprises me that they have opted in giving WA a spot but oer the moon for the bowlers there. Please just make sure you support it guys as I am sure if its a flop it will never happen again

As far as calling it the Cannington Cup or WA OPEN or WEST COAST CLASSIC There is very little chance of getting the name sake of WA OPEN as we all know where that tournament derived from, and Christian it flopped well before 1997 it was only resurrected in that year due to nationals being held and they were lucky enough to get on the calender ealier than most

West Coast Challenges were held in the state for years and after they collasped a tournament with nationals ratings was held at Morley Bowl and if i can remember rightly Bradford came over and won just to secure the national Ratings but the event wasnt really a success, around 95 not sure Muir could probably confirm the yr better

I personally would think of another name too, something like ........... well cant think of one at the moment ask Wimbridge or Baron they are always good coming up with names

I just wish all WA bowlers get behind this one as well as the PERTH CUP & Rosemount Cup next year - we only have these 3 tournies now and we will lose them if they are not supported

Hope everyone in Perth has a great XMAS and good New Year

On a personal Note CONGRATULATIONS to my Dad, Bill and Sue for running 4th in the recent XMAS DBLS at City - I hear the Oxygen tents were on standby as were the Wheel Chairs for when they finished

City did extremely well had 40 entries thats 80 bowlers participating in an event huge result well done to Sue and her team there

Interested to hear a name for the tourney to be held at Cannington

Stop Seven of the Super Six !!

Well I really hope it’s not call the "West Coast Once Off" or something similar. As much as I don’t bowl in tournaments any more I am already committed to bowl Bunbury Cup and will wait for the format of “WASS” (Western Australian Super Six). I would say it’s my time for a comeback, but I have nothing to comeback from!!
Lets get behind our 4 (yes four) scratch single events.
March: Rosemount Cup (only 36 entries required)
May: Bunbury Cup (again only 36 entries required)
June: Perth Cup
November?: Stop Seven of the Super Six (SSSS) sounds like Douglas Adams !!!

Stax

My Apologies to Bunbury

Thank you yet again for pointing out my mistakes Staxie Boy

How could I forget Bunbury a great event and much fun

Only 36 for Rosie surely should get those numbers - What was this year based on and how many did they get in comparison

Been told by 3 people in the West it wasnt going to be on, hope thats not true, Col & Steve put on a great event and is a real good weekend all round

Hear from ya soon

PS. nice trophies - and please dont add FUBAR's name to that ...... lol almost as bad as practising............ hehehehehehehehe

Back
Top Bottom