Rumour has it......

baron

Heard from a reliable source tonite of plans to build another new centre in the metro area. Malaga is touted as the new spot next to the almost completed ice rink. Probably privately run and by whom and how many lanes well too early to tell. Im sure we all know soon enuff.

Baron

Hope this is true! But 2 new centres in Perth?

Ill happily bowl on the old Fairlanes Gear!!! still plenty of good years in the old girls

As far as I know, most of the old Fairlanes gear was bulldozed with the building. The synthetic lane panels and pindecks were taken out in January by Chris Usher. Don't know where they've gone?

Some guys from Whyalla, South Australia took what they could off lanes 15 to 24 pinsetters... probably deck assemblies, turrets, gearboxes, etc. The rest of those 10 machines and all of lanes 1 to 14 pinsetters went down with the building. Same with the Frameworx computer scoring system.

And, while I'm here... anyone heard any more rumours about the new bowl that was supposed to be opening in central Perth?

In the new Century City building that is approaching completion right next to the BankWest Tower. Meant to be a 10 lane 'boutique' centre on the 2nd or 3rd floor. To be operated by a company (I think they're called Strike or something like that?). They have a few of these centres in the Eastern States, apparently. No leagues or tournaments, just functions and social bowlers.

Anyone?

They have one of those here in Brissie... good for work functions and bucks/hen's nights... but crap to bowl on - poor maintenance!! Last time we went they had 1 guy handing out shoes, working behind the bar, and picking up dead woods! Took about 10 mins to get a beer!

Back
Top Bottom