Roto Grip Roto-Grip Illusion

da_cowman

Shocker
Staff member
Hey guys,
It's been awhile but I've got new gear in and given them a chance to settle and it's time to let you all know how they go.
Starting off with the Mid-Line release of the Illusion.
Roto-Grip has taken their high performce coverstock in the Ultimate Vision Pearl reactive and used to surround the Helios II core. An upgraded and slightly stronger version of the Helios Core found in the Horizon series.
The drilling finds the pin just abve my ring finger and the cg kicked slightly back in towards my grip to avoid needing a weight hole.
I'll be honest. I love the Illusion. It's the first ball out at league every night. Why? It's amazing read and hitting power. The only time this ball surprises me with what it does is the first shot I throw with it... Because you never know what the first shot is going to do. After that it's throw it good and the ball is good to you.
The advantage of using the stronger then normal pearl cover is evident on the heavier oil conditions where the Illusion still has a notably strong finish for a mid-line pearl ball. In saying that, Roto-Grip mid lines are notorious for providing more then ample amount of hook. The other benefit is that it has no problems on heads that are beginning to dry out. Not as clean as my Mystic, which uses the weaker core and cover. But still clean. I rarely move in league due the balls ability to ignore this slightly dry head aspect.
Here is a video of me throwing the ball in league on Friday night. It's the complete last game.
Illusion Video
In a nutshell the Illusion is ball that you can use on a variety of conditions. It's hitting power is exceptional, and it's consistancy in getting to the pocket with said power is also exceptional.
Look out for some more reviews on Roto-Grips newest gear soon.
Later Da Cowman!

Back
Top Bottom