Recommended equipment?

slayer

Hi I am just getting into tenpin bowling and i was wondering if anyone had any advice on what equipment would be good to start out with?

I have always been into sports and tend to get pretty serious about it. Usually find myself buying top end equipment... but as i dont know much about tenpin bowling (yet) i am flying blind here...

any suggestions on bowls etc...?

cheers!

im in sa... is there any people you can suggest with a good reputation for knowing what they are doing?

Slayer, if you are going to be serious about the sport purchase an entry-to-mid-range reactive resin ball and get it drilled fingertip from the start. Don't bother getting any top end equipment until you can effectively control an entry level ball.
You will also need a reasonable pair of bowling shoes - get a pair with the slide sole on the sliding foot only.
After that, it's coaching and practice.

Definately look at a coach, and do what I didnt, Learn good habits!

Get a pair of dexters for a decent price, look around.

On the subject of balls, I disagree with get an entry level ball. Ask your local proshop what ball would suit the condition best. Cos after 2-3 months you may get the hang of how to hook etc and if you start to nail the basics youll look at buying a better ball before long. Say yourself some money and buy a descent ball in the first place.

Not equipment but I would google some sites that deal with developing your mental game...another thing ive only recently done, and it has done wonders for me.

Most of all...keep your head high, and on the prize. Keep a good attitude about your game whether its good or lacking and get involved.

Last of all...keep us informed on how you are going , and how your progressing

Back
Top Bottom