Ranking System - Tournament Bowlers

We currently have spots reserved in the Australian Masters for state winners, could we also have a spot for the number one ranked player for the Masters in the following year?

Mick and George have both commented on this thread (as they do with most), these guys are up there in the rankings – for me their opinion is worth a lot more than some people who just want to sit back in their arm chair and take pot shots from the cheap seats as the rankings don’t have anything to do with them as they have little to no interest in having a ranking..[/QUOTE]

Great idea giving the number one player a spot in the finals,maybe as some have discussed having an end of year event we could instead as an incentive give the top ten on rankings a spot in the finals for masters instead of the state reps. This would Guarantee Australia's best all make the finals and we can showcase all our great talant against some of the best in the world?

cheers

Now that's an idea with merit, top ten on rankings get into Masters. Points would certainly mean something then.

It would also guarantee the top ten prize money for finishing in the top ten and may in turn save them money by not having to be at nationals all week?

your usual constructive and narrow sighted input Fitzy. Good to see. How about you quote the other posts that are off-topic. You are like a little kid. You jump on the side of whoever you think is winning and you rarely have an opinion of your own unless someone gives it to you. Grow some balls and say what you think instead of what you think others want you to say.

LOL! Validated!

Hey I have my own opinion CO! In fact, I believe I was the trend setter! I was informing the TB populace of how much of a TOOL you were, LONG BEFORE anyone else did. LOL :D

Again, maybe take you're own advice and read posts before proving to TB how much of a tool you are.

Sorry... what was you're constructive criticism in this thread again?

Oh that's right ... the ranking system (and the world at large) is flawed and should be scrapped! CONSTRUCTIVE!

I've just caught up with the last 5 pages of this thread. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the artist who features in my post seeking a volunteer, was inspired by this thread. Purely a casual observation, you understand, may be completely off topic or stupid, even.....................however...

Michael, I don't think anyone on here has said people should get points for not bowling. I agree with you that the idea of getting points like that is a bit ridiculous.

You keep saying every sport has a ranking system. Yes they do but unlike ours they include a lot more people. We fix that by getting people to bowl tourneys.

You can't have a good rankings system based on a small number of people competing in a small number of tourneys. It just wont work.

I am glad I live in a padded cell because my head would be bloody sore otherwise.

Like Jim i've just been catching up on all this, the last 8 pages for me.

Theres not much to say that hasnt been said already, but i will add, one of the "flaws" put forward with the current ranking system by the keyboard warrior is that a bowler can bowl more events to knock off the bowlers that bowl less events. I think thats horse $h!t.

Speaking personally, im a 200 flat avg bowler. IF i bowled all nats events, i would still have no hope competing with the top tier guys. They can bowl 4 events and basically garuntee atleast 1-2 podium finishes, it will be years before i hit the podium. I could bowl 50 events it wouldnt matter.

In summary, the ranking seems to be working. Quality > Quantity

Great idea giving the number one player a spot in the finals,maybe as some have discussed having an end of year event we could instead as an incentive give the top ten on rankings a spot in the finals for masters instead of the state reps. This would Guarantee Australia's best all make the finals and we can showcase all our great talant against some of the best in the world?

cheers

Probably not a bad idea mate, there probably isn't any real reason why we can't run a rankings season to start from the first tournament after the Masters, using the Masters as the final event in the circuit. I probably wouldn't do top 10, maybe top 4-5 with the current Masters format as the state winners still get a freebie as well, which would leave few spots for everyone to qualify.

I would probably also go a step further and possibly use the rankings to determine who we send to World Cup, as it is usually held the month following the Masters, at least that way we are sending a player who has been performing well over a long period of time, and not just a player who is lucky enough to match up well for one tournament. In some respects we have been blessed by pretty much sending our best players in Belmo, George and Ann Maree on most occasions over the last few years, so it hasn't always been a real problem, but it hasn't always been the case.

This might provide a further incentive for those wishing to achieve this goal more incentive to compete in more tournaments.

maybe as some have discussed having an end of year event we could instead as an incentive give the top ten on rankings a spot in the finals for masters instead of the state reps. This would Guarantee Australia's best all make the finals and we can showcase all our great talant against some of the best in the world?

Wh ... Wh.. What?? Who brought up the silly idea of an end of year tournament?!? Obviously someone without an opinion of their own ... me thinks!

Little Kid,

Age [unknown].

So running with your theory Troyza, if i bowl 5 leagues a week that are 'rankings leagues' i could become a top ranked bowler on a house shot and be higher ranked than the 4 tourney bowler on sports patterns?

This would reward league activity rather than ability wouldnt it?

The idea would be 1 league per center. But the idea is flawed as I stated in my original post thanks to different patterns per center anyways. As I said before - it'd be cool if it was realistic.

Troyza, your Idea is not as silly as you think, in fact this was the reality in the early 80's, you could Pay to have your league Avg added to you rankings. Back then I was in the top 60 in Australia without adding my Avg and without Bowling many Tournaments, in fact all I bowed in was City of Sydney Championships, NSW State Championships and the Brisbane Cup.

willey

Back
Top Bottom