Ranked Events

As an organiser of a ranked event and trying to put together our junior youth training and roll off dates - as well as regional tournaments - I am getting frustrated ... and disappointed.

Leanne

It probably would have been done sooner if they hadn't had to try and salvage the dumped AMF tournaments. Now they have to assess the applications to host those events, then work with the other nominated ranked events to find a national calendar that fits together.

That is correct. Don't go venting your frustration on the TBA. This is not there fault as to why the 2010 Calendar is late.

It probably would have been done sooner if they hadn't had to try and salvage the dumped AMF tournaments. Now they have to assess the applications to host those events, then work with the other nominated ranked events to find a national calendar that fits together.

What did everyone expect would happen to other events once AMF annouced there sponsorship of the Australian Master?? Of course other events were going to suffer or be dropped. I find it hard to believe parties involved did not realise this at the time the Australian Masters was annouced and ideally planning should have occurred earlier in the piece.

Looking at next year I am guessing first ranked event will be Australian Open at Easter.

All ranked events had to be submitted by 31st October with payment.
Events can be added after the dates are confirmed by application to TBA.

4 events were dropped by AMF - out of approx 35 (seniors, womens, youth and open) - no one is 'venting frustration' just stating the obvious.

The events dropped are Open events - the time taken to make decisions is probably the most frustrating. Youth, Women and Senior events have not been dropped by AMF (at least, we have not been informed if they have been). These dates could have been confirmed.

Perhaps there are just not enough Open events around the Nation and too many in one State!! Speculation only but delays are what cause rumours.

Open bowlers have been talking for years about 'taking control' but it has never happened. Bowlers just want to bowl but organisers and sponsors are hard to find .... and keep!

Flower

We could have had a $50000 for first event with no disruption to anything else, hope people remember that and remember that soon :( Whats the saying 'location, location, location' Where would you rather go Surfers Paradise or some pokie palace in Sydney?

For those that haven't seen yet, these are the ranked events for 2010:

YOUTH
1 National Youth Cup Jan 9-10 VIC Werribee
2 Werribee Youth Cup Mar 6-7 VIC Werribee
3 Challenge Sydney Youth Cup June 5-6 NSW Campbelltown
4 Columbia Youth Jul 17-18 VIC Geelong
5 SA Under 23 Classic Aug 14-15 SA Woodville
6 Melbourne Youth Cup Sep 4-5 VIC Epping
7 Sharp Plywood Champion of Champions Nov 13-14 QLD Greenslopes
8 AMF Australian Youth Cup Dec 11-12 NSW Illawarra

ADULT
1 Australian Open Apr 2-4 VIC Sunshine
2 Arafura Classic Singles May 14-16 NT Planet Bowl, Darwin
3 K & K Classic May 21-23 QLD Strathpine
4Schweppes 2010 Melbourne Tenpin Cup June 12-14 VIC Chirnside
5 Mackay Open Aug 7-8 QLD Mackay
6 NSW Open Sep 11-12 NSW Campbelltown
7 AMF Australian Masters Oct 29-30 NSW Rooty Hill
8 AMF Australian Cup Dec 4-5 NSW Illawarra

WOMEN
1 Vic 150 Apr 2-4 VIC Keon Park
2 Arafura Classic Singles May 14-16 NT Planet Bowl, Darwin
3 K & K Classic May 21-23 QLD Strathpine
4 Melbourne Cup June 12-14 VIC Chirnside
5 Queensland Ladies Classic June 19-20 QLD Caboolture
6 NSW Open Sep 11-12 NSW Campbelltown
7 AMF Australian Masters Oct 29-30 NSW Rooty Hill

SENIOR
1 Hammer Seniors Classic Jan 16-17 QLD Caboolture
2 Canberra Seniors Cup Mar 27-28 ACT Tuggeranong
3 Seniors Australian Open May 1-2 VIC Sunshine
4 Venuto Cup June 12-13 VIC Geelong
5 Sydney Seniors Classic June 26-27 NSW Castle Hill
6 SA Seniors Classic Jul 24-25 SA AMF Village
7 TBA National Seniors Cup Oct 18 NSW Rooty Hill Sydney
8 Burndy Electrical Seniors Cup Nov 20-21 VIC Epping

thanks Phluff - interesting that this information isn't on the TBA website as at 9.14am......

You mean I can stop whinging now ........ and finish off junior and youth training calendars, event calendars, entry forms, sponsoship requests, organise advertising etc etc

If this was an aircraft on a holding pattern they would have run out of fuel long ago

Thanks for info
Leanne

thanks Phluff - interesting that this information isn't on the TBA website as at 9.14am......

Where did the info come from phluff?? Not on tenpin events either (as far as i could see with my 1min look - while the boss was out of the room ;))

Back
Top Bottom