question about drafting

griggsy

i think this would be the best place to put this here to try and clear up a question i have.

it just came to my attention today that i am unable to roll off for my states youth team due to being the operator of my shop i am unable to close it for that weekend for personal reasons. as i was just about to send off my entry form i now know that it is pretty useless to do so knowing i cant attend the roll offs.
now my question is is there any way i can still apply for the draft at all? our state has a selection policy of four past the post and i particuarly dont want to write to my state committee to see if there is a way of being automatically selected into the team because 1. thats not how we run roll offs and 2 i feel it is personally extremely unfair to the rest of the people rolling off for something like that to happen. now this being said i know the draft policy states that i must roll off for my own state first before being eligable to apply for the draft. is there any way i am still able to apply for the draft for youth to try my luck of being able to participate in it or am i just plain out of luck this year?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

jason griggs

Hi Griggsy.

I would offer the following advice: 1. Seek exemption from your youth committee, giving the reasons you state; 2. If your youth committee agree to give you exemption based on your situation, they should be requested to pass this on to TBA.

This may allow TBA to consider your draft request.

Hope this helps.

Cheers mate

Feral

Griggsy don't you just have to bowl and least one bowl down the lanes to say that you have competed in the roll off? if this is the case are u able to bowl a ball and then pull out and in the end apply for the draft?

rising star if you read my post above i said i was unable to attend the roll off at all due to being the only person able to run my shop,and because there are no other people that i could get to run that shop for that one day i need i cant make the roll offs at all to even bowl one ball and pull out.but if i was able to roll off i wouldnt be bowling on ball and pulling out as i am dying to wear my states colours again for youth and i am desperate to try make it to the roll offs so bowling one ball and pulling out isnt an option

Its very possible that you are out of luck my friend!

Try contacting Peter, and ask for his advice, as that would be your best bet!

Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom